The Thumb-Operated Pro Fit® Ergo Trackball Provides a Natural, Comfortable, Safe Alternative to the Traditional Computer Mouse, Reducing the Risk of Potential Repetitive Use Injuries.
LAS VEGAS – Jan. 5, 2023 – Kensington, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals, today introduced the Pro Fit Ergo TB450 and TB550 Trackballs, affordable thumb-operated trackballs that bring the comfort and convenience of trackball technology to everyday office workers and home users. Ideal for users who want to improve wrist and forearm alignment or work in tight spaces with limited desktop space, the unique design and low price points make the Pro Fit Ergo Trackballs ideal solutions for people who want to try trackballs for the first time.
Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS, the entry-level TB450 Pro Fit Ergo Trackball ($49.99 MSRP) features an ergonomic design that places the hand in a natural, comfortable, vertical position, has five programmable buttons, and provides the familiar left click, right click, and scroll wheel of a traditional mouse to ease the transition to the trackball. The TB550 Pro Fit Ergo Trackball ($69.99 MSRP) offers seven programmable buttons and adds an enhanced 4D scroll wheel that provides intuitive four-direction scrolling scroll left, right, up, and down, to provide a comfortableuser experience. Both models have a unique, easy-to-clean design features a built-in, patented, trackball ejection button to effortlessly remove the trackball for cleaning.
Benefits and features of the Pro Fit Ergo Trackball include:
- All-Day Comfort – Derived from a clay sculpture to perfectly fit the contour and natural angle of the human hand, the Pro Fit Ergo Trackball feaures an ergonomic design that places the hand in a natural vertical position to improve wrist and forearm alignment for optimal comfort and function.
- Precise, Accurate Cursor Control – The high-quality tracking sensor, 34mm thumb-operated trackball, and multiple DPI switch, combine to provide smooth cursor control, optimal precision, and easy cursor speed transitions to maximize productivity.
- Flexible Wireless Connection – The Pro Fit Ergo Trackball is capable of connecting to up to three devices via the 2.4GHz or Bluetooth, and allows users to easily switch between devices with the push of a button. Government-grade 128-bit AES encryption provides enhanced security to stop hackers from monitoring wireless connections and obtaining sensitive information.
- Customization – Both trackballs can be used as plug-and-play devices, or can be used with the feature-rich KensingtonWorks™ software for professional customization and superior productivity. KensingtonWorks enables users to customize the functions of each of the trackball buttons, and adjust the pointer speed and acceleration. The characteristics of the 4D scroll wheel can be customized on the TB550.
SlimBlade Pro Trackball – Kensington’s Most Advanced Trackball Ever
At the other end of the Kensington’s growing family of industry-leading trackballs is the new SlimBlade™ Pro Trackball (K72080WW), the most advanced trackball the company has produced in more than 35 years of trackball innovation. Designed for creative professionals, office workers, and prosumers, the plug-and-play SlimBlade Pro Trackball is an advanced controller that offers a sleek, ergonomic design, and dual-hand ambidextrous control.
Featuring a large 55mm finger-operated trackball for outstanding accuracy, comfort, and control, the SlimBlade Pro Trackball incorporates dual sensors to provide highly-accurate cursor tracking, and features twist scrolling for precision scrolling up and down web pages and documents. An ambidextrous design with a low-profile footprint provides all-day comfort for both right- and left-handed users, requiring less hand and wrist movement making it an ideal solution for extended use.
“The new normal created by work-from-home and remote working initiatives is requiring business professionals to spend more time on their computers working from locations that are not necessarily set-up as traditional office environments,” stated Lisa Schuiteboer-Shuler, Global Marketing, Manager, Product Marketing at Kensington. “Trackballs like the new Pro Fit Ergo and SlimBlade Pro Trackballs may reduce the risk of repetitive motion injuries caused by working extensively using a traditional computer mouse, and can make it more comfortable for all-day computer work. Trackballs also significantly reduce the workspace requirement for cursor control, making them ideal solutions for working in tight spaces, such as coffee shops, kitchen tables, and even aircraft trays.”
The Kensington TB450 and TB550 Pro Fit Ergo Trackballs will be available in Q2 2023. The SlimBlade Pro is available now in North America through the Kensington Store and its partner sites. Learn more about Kensington’s comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions for consumers and businesses, visit www.kensington.com.
Follow Kensington on:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Kensington_tech
- YouTube: youtube.com/KensingtonTechnology
- Facebook: facebook.com/KensingtonTech
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/Kensington
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/kensington_tech
- Contact us: email@example.com
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business, and home office professionals around the world for more than 40 years. Kensington strives to anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organizations committed to providing peak professionals the tools they need to thrive. The company prides itself as the professionals’ choice, and on its core values surrounding design, quality and support.
In office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, professional video conferencing, and ergonomic well-being.
Headquartered in Burlingame, California, Kensington is the inventor and a worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, which designs, manufactures and markets consumer and end-user products that help people work, learn, play and thrive. In addition to Kensington®, ACCO Brands’ widely recognized brands include AT-A-GLANCE®, Five Star®, Leitz®, Mead®, PowerA®, Swingline®, Tilibra and many others. More information about ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ACCO) can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Kensington and Pro Fit are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands. KensingtonWorks and Slimblade are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2023 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.