New VeriMark™ Guard fingerprint readers offer the latest in biometric authentication technology for any device
San Mateo, CA – June 15, 2021 – Kensington®, the worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals and The Professionals’ Choice, introduced two new cross-platform solutions that feature the latest in biometric authentication, enabling secure biometric authentication in the office, at home, or abroad, on services that include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and more, on any operating system. VeriMark™ Guard USB-C Fingerprint Key (K64709WW) and VeriMark™ Guard USB-A Fingerprint Key (K64708WW) offer an easy-to-use, highly-reliable authentication solution that greatly enhances security, convenience, and privacy for consumers and business users.
VeriMark Guard Fingerprint Keys feature end-to-end security with Match-in-Sensor™ Fingerprint Technology which isolates and secures all fingerprint data in the sensor, so only an encrypted match is transferred.
Designed for Windows 10, this biometric authentication solution with security key functionality supports the latest web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari). Cross-platform compatibility on macOS and ChromeOS is supported via our Tap-and-Go feature (i.e., security key). For a full list of compatible services, visit Kensington’s support page at kensington.com/software/verimark-setup.
FIDO2 and FIDO U2F certified, VeriMark Guard Fingerprint Keys offer expanded authentication options for FIDO2 biometric authentication services as well as FIDO U2F services requiring security key functionality. These fingerprint keys provide strong single-factor (passwordless), dual, multi-factor, and Tap-and-Go support, making them the best biometric authentication keys on the market.
“According to a recent report published by the World Economic Forum, passwords are one of the most vulnerable targets for cyberattacks against businesses and end users,” explained Santiago Del Portillo, Security Category Marketing Manager at Kensington. “Our new VeriMark Guard Fingerprint Keys enable users to securely authenticate without storing passwords on servers, protecting the user against unauthorized access to their computers, mobile devices, and sensitive applications.”
Features and benefits include:
- Highly reliable fingerprint matching
- Superior biometric performance and 360° readability with anti-spoofing technology
- Exceeds industry standards for false rejection rate (FRR 2%) and false acceptance rate (FAR 0.001%)
- Stores up to 10 fingerprints
- Provides maximum compatibility with web services including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and more, with support for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari browsers
- Compact design features a protective cover and keyring hole for easy transport when not attached to a device
- Supports cybersecurity measures consistent with such privacy laws and regulations as GDPR, BIPA, and CCPA
Kensington is a Microsoft partner in MISA (Microsoft Intelligent Security Association), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions to better defend against a world of increasing threats.
“Microsoft has been on a mission to eliminate passwords and help people protect their corporate identities,” said Alex Simons, Corporate Vice President of Program Management, Microsoft Identity Division. “We are pleased to see companies like Kensington support that goal by integrating their solutions through the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association.”
Pricing and Availability
VeriMark Guard USB-C and USB-A Fingerprint Keys are covered by a two-year warranty and available now at an MSRP of $69.99 and $64.99 respectively.
Kensington VeriMark Lineup
Kensington’s VeriMark line also includes two biometric authentication technology solutions for users requiring authentication support for Windows Hello™ and Windows Hello™ for Business:
- VeriMark Desktop Fingerprint Key (K62330WW, SRP $74.99), ideal for enterprise desktop PC deployments
- VeriMark IT Fingerprint Key (K64704WW, SRP $59.99), ideal for enterprise deployment, enables IT to easily manage employee access, privileges, and passwords
- VeriMark Fingerprint Key (K67977WW, SRP $49.99) provides out-of-the-box access for Windows computers and platforms
- VeriMark Fingerprint Key – Designed for Surface (K64707WW, $49.99) provides professional-level biometric security for Microsoft Surface
Combining cutting-edge biometric authentication technology and compatibility with enterprise-level solutions, Kensington’s line of VeriMark Fingerprint Keys offer the same uncompromising security that has made Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™ for more than 25 years.
- Digital images: https://www.flickr.com/gp/48490242@N04/Nr3527
- Verimark decision video: https://youtu.be/pCHp0tiquE0
Follow Kensington on:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Kensington_tech
- Facebook: facebook.com/KensingtonTech
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/Kensington
- Twitter: @Kensington
- Contact us: email@example.com
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business, and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington strives to anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organizations committed to providing peak professionals the tools they need to thrive. The company prides itself as The Professionals’ Choice, and on its core values surrounding design, quality, support, and sustainability.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers, and manufacturers of branded business, academic, and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. Kensington The Professionals’ Choice is a trademark of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.