Industry-Leading Provider of Laptop Locks for More than 30 Years Brings Security to Travel Bags to Reduce Theft of Valuable Mobile Devices and Possessions
Kensington®, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today introduced SecureTrek™, a new travel bag portfolio designed with anti-theft features for users traveling for business, commuting to work, or simply moving around campus. Kensington, the leading provider of mobile device and PC locks for more than 30 years, has developed the SecureTrek portfolio with premium security features, and includes four travel bags: 15” Laptop Backpack, 15” Laptop Carrying Case, 17” Laptop Overnight Backpack, and 17” Laptop Overnight Roller. Kensington will showcase the new SecureTrek bags at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas on January 4
A recent survey conducted by Kensington in the third quarter of 2015, found that while most travelers keep up to $2,500 worth of valuables in their travel or commute bags, 75 percent of travelers take no safety precautions to secure their bags en route. Not surprisingly, 35 percent of respondents indicated they had experienced bag theft while on a trip.
“With its comprehensive family of security products for mobile devices and PCs, Kensington has a long history of protecting both computing devices and the valuable data they house,” said Brian Knauss, Global Product Manager, Kensington. “The new SecureTrek line extends our security experience and expertise to travel and commuter bags, which are increasingly packed with computing devices and other valuables. SecureTrek is the only line of travel bags designed with Kensington’s level of protection, considered the gold standard in computer hardware security. As such, travelers can have peace of mind knowing their bag has the best possible protection against the threat of theft and other risks associated with travel.”
The new SecureTrek portfolio consists of four travel bags:
Kensington SecureTrek 15’’ Laptop Backpack – Black (SKU K98617WW; SRP: $99.99)
Kensington SecureTrek 15’’ Laptop Carrying Case – Black (SKU K98616WW; SRP: $99.99)
Kensington SecureTrek 17’’ Laptop Overnight Backpack – Black (SKU K98618WW; SRP: $119.99)
Kensington SecureTrek 17’’ Laptop Overnight Roller – Black (SKU K98620WW; SRP: $149.99)
- SecureTrek Lock Base lets users click in hammerhead zipper pulls to help prevent theft attempts and unauthorized access.
- Kensington Portable Laptop Lock (sold separately) secures backpacks or bags to a fixed object.
- Anti-puncture zipper on the device compartment resists intrusion by a sharp object.
- Lock Loop is ideal for a TSA-approved travel lock when checking the backpack or bag at the airport.
- Padded device compartments hold up to 15.6” laptop and 10” tablet in the 15” Laptop Backpack and Laptop Carrying Case.
- Padded device compartments hold up to 17” laptop and 10” tablet in the 17” Laptop Overnight Backpack and Laptop Overnight Roller.
- Workstation pocket organizes chargers, pens, business cards, keys and more.
- Wheeled luggage pass-through on the Laptop Backpack, Carrying Case and Overnight Backpack conveniently straps to an extended handle.
- Laptop Backup and Laptop Carrying Case include ample space for files and personal items.
- Laptop Overnight Backpack and Laptop Overnight Roller include ample space for clothing in addition to files and personal items.
- Laptop Backpack and Laptop Overnight Backpack offer a padded back for a more comfortable carry, especially when the backpack is full.
- Laptop Backpack has a checkpoint-friendly design allowing it to lay flat through scanner (following all TSA instructions).
- The backpacks and carrying case meet the airline carry-on guidelines for stowing in an overhead bin.
Kensington will showcase the SecureTrek bags at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas on January 4. For more information contact Denise Nelson, the Ventana Group for Kensington, 925.858.5198 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital images of the Kensington SecureTrek travel bag portfolio may be downloaded from https://flic.kr/s/aHskoCRyFW.
To see a video of how the Kensington SecureTrek lock works, visit https://youtu.be/mYG4j3F37Hw.
A video demonstrating the SecureTrek bags is available here: https://youtu.be/_UJfWdKipD0.
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.