Certification of SD5700T Thunderbolt™ 4 Dual 4K Docking Station Ensures Current and Future Compatibility with ChromeOS Devices.
BURLINGAME, Calif. – October 09, 2023 – Kensington, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals, today announced the SD5700T Thunderbolt™ 4 Dual 4K Docking Station with 90W PD is Works with Chromebook (WWCB) certified. Products that are WWCB certified have been tested and certified to meet Google’s compatibility standards.
The first Kensington dock to be included in the WWCB program, the plug-and-play SD5700T, has been tested and certified to work seamlessly with Chromebooks and ensures future compatibility. The high-performance SD5700T, which also completed testing as part of the Engineered for Intel® Evo™ Laptop accessory program, transforms the laptop into a complete desktop workstation by enabling users to charge the laptop and connect external monitors, USB devices, a full-sized keyboard and mouse, speakers, Ethernet, and other devices and accessories, through a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Features and benefits of the SD5700T Thunderbolt™ 4 Docking Station include:
- Universal Compatibility – The ultimate plug-and-play solution for Chromebooks or any Thunderbolt™ 4-enabled Windows 10 or later laptop, and backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt™ 3, USB4®, and USB-C® devices running Windows 10 or later, or macOS 11 or later.
- Thunderbolt™ 4 Technology – Connect up to three additional Thunderbolt™ devices directly (up to a total of five) while providing transfer speeds up to 40Gbps, up to dual 4K video output, and audio, through the included Thunderbolt™ 4 cable.
- Single 8K or Dual 4K Video Output – Single 8K or Dual 4K (@ 60 Hz) video output for Thunderbolt™ 4-enabled host devices let users extend visual productivity with the crisp resolution, contrast, and color depth of Ultra HD via the available Thunderbolt™ 4 ports.
- 90W Power Delivery – Quickly and easily charge any Thunderbolt™ 4 Chromebook or Windows 10 or later laptop, and Thunderbolt™ 3, USB4®, and USB-C® devices running Windows 10 or later, or macOS 11 or later.
- Future-Proof Desktop Solution – Eleven ports of connectivity include four Thunderbolt™ 4 ports (all capable of data, video, and audio), four USB-A ports, one gigabit Ethernet port, one audio combo jack, and one ultra-fast UHS-II SD 4.0 card reader.
- Zero-Footprint Mounting Option and Security Cable Lock Slots – Optional mounting bracket (K34050WW) enables users to mount the dock out of the way, maximizing desktop space and reducing cable clutter. Lock slots allow users to protect the SD5700T from theft with a Kensington cable lock (K65020WW or K64444WW).
- Free Kensington DockWorks™ Software and Three-Year Warranty – DockWorks™ Wi-Fi® Auto-Switch guarantees the fastest, most reliable internet connection, while MAC Address ID Pass-Through and Reset, and Device Connection Monitoring give IT managers maximum network monitoring and visibility.
“The certification of Thunderbolt™ accessories such as Kensington’s SD5700T Thunderbolt™ 4 Docking Station, enables Chromebook users to maximize their overall experience using the fast, simple, and most reliable USB-C® connection that Thunderbolt™ technology delivers,” explained Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel.
“Inclusion in the WWCB program, Engineered for Intel® Evo™ laptop accessory program, and Designed for Microsoft Surface programs, has validated the SD5700T as the ultimate Thunderbolt™ 4 docking station for Chromebooks, Windows, and macOS laptops,” explained Giovanni Sena, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Kensington. “Users seeking to enhance their productivity when using Thunderbolt™ 4-capable laptops can purchase the SD5700T with the confidence of knowing it will reliably deliver the many benefits of Thunderbolt™ technology today and well into the future.”
The Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt™ 4 Dual 4K Docking Station with 90W PD (K35175NA) is backed by a three-year warranty and is available through the Kensington Store and its partner sites. To learn more about Kensington’s comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions for consumers and businesses, visit www.kensington.com.
- Product images: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmRdinGY
Follow Kensington on:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Kensington_tech
- YouTube: youtube.com/KensingtonTechnology
- Facebook: facebook.com/KensingtonTech
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/Kensington
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/kensington_tech
- Contact us: email@example.com
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business, and home office professionals around the world for more than 40 years. Kensington strives to anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organizations committed to providing peak professionals the tools they need to thrive. The company prides itself as the professionals’ choice, and on its core values surrounding design, quality and support.
In office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, professional video conferencing, and ergonomic well-being.
Headquartered in Burlingame, California, Kensington is the inventor and a worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, which designs, manufactures and markets consumer and end-user products that help people work, learn, play and thrive. In addition to Kensington®, ACCO Brands’ widely recognized brands include AT-A-GLANCE®, Five Star®, Leitz®, Mead®, PowerA®, Swingline®, Tilibra and many others. More information about ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ACCO) can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Kensington® and DockWorks™ are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2023 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.
Ken Hagihara, APR, Fellow PRSA, MCM
Integrity Public Relations, Inc.
949-768-4423 ext. 101