The Award-Winning, Ergonomically-Designed, Pro Fit® Ergo Trackballs Are Affordable, Flexible Solutions that Simplify Migration to the Many Benefits of Trackball Technology.
BURLINGAME, Calif. – August 15, 2023 – Kensington, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals, today announced availability of the Pro Fit® Ergo TB450 and TB550 Trackballs, affordable entry-level, thumb-operated wireless trackballs for everyday office workers and home users. Recipients of the prestigious international 2023 Red Dot Design Award for product design, the new trackballs are ideal for users who want to improve wrist and forearm alignment or work in tight spaces with limited desktop space.
Compatible with Windows and macOS, the Pro Fit Ergo TB450 and TB550 Trackballs combine the feel of a wireless mouse with the convenience and accuracy of an advanced trackball. The ergonomic design was derived from a clay sculpture to perfectly fit the contour and natural angle of the human hand, placing the hand in a natural vertical position to improve wrist and forearm alignment for all-day comfort and optimal function.
The Pro Fit Ergo TB450 Trackball (K72194WW; $49.99 MSRP) features five programmable buttons, and provides the familiar left click, right click, and scroll wheel of a traditional mouse to ease the transition to the trackball. The energy-efficient wireless trackball provides long battery life of up to 18 months using 2.4GHz or up to 15 months when using Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) connectivity.
The Pro Fit Ergo TB550 Trackball (K72196WW; $69.99 MSRP) offers seven programmable buttons and adds an enhanced, customizable 4D scroll wheel that provides intuitive four-direction scrolling; scroll left, right, up, and down, to provide a comfortable user experience. The rechargeable battery provides up to four months of battery life with a single charge.
Benefits and features of the Pro Fit Ergo Trackballs include:
- Precise, Accurate Cursor Control – The high-quality tracking sensor, 34mm thumb-operated trackball, and multiple DPI switch (400, 800, 1200, 1600 dpi), combine to provide smooth cursor control, optimal precision, and easy cursor speed transitions to maximize productivity.
- Flexible Wireless Connection – The Pro Fit Ergo Trackball is capable of connecting to up to three devices via the 2.4GHz or Bluetooth®, and allows users to easily switch between devices with the push of a button. Government-grade 128-bit AES encryption provides enhanced security to stop hackers from monitoring wireless connections and obtaining sensitive information.
- Customization – Both trackballs can be used as plug-and-play devices, or can be used with the feature-rich KensingtonWorks™ software for professional customization and superior productivity. KensingtonWorks enables users to customize the functions of each of the trackball buttons, and adjust the pointer speed and acceleration.
- Easy to Clean – Both models feature a unique design that incorporates a built-in, patented, trackball ejection button to effortlessly remove the trackball for cleaning.
- Sustainable Manufacturing Process – To reduce the impact of plastic on the global environment, the trackballs are made with GRS-certified 70% post-consumer recycled ABS, and at least 50% of the overall plastic used is recycled plastic.
“While the ergonomic and space-saving benefits of using trackballs are well-documented, the unique form factors and comparatively higher price points of trackballs, can be intimidating for users who are accustomed to using a traditional computer mouse,” explained Lisa Schuiteboer-Shuler, Global Marketing, Manager, Product Marketing at Kensington. “These new trackballs provide users with an affordable solution that features a familiar mouse-like look and feel to enable a seamless migration for experiencing the many benefits of trackball technology.”
The Kensington Pro Fit Ergo TB450 and TB550 Trackballs are available now through the Kensington Store and its partner sites.
- Product images: https://www.flickr.com/gp/48490242@N04/8880Y0UsAc
- TB450 video: https://youtu.be/bBhf7oueNuU
- TB550 video: https://youtu.be/KLVI9I6Degs
Follow Kensington on:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Kensington_tech
- YouTube: youtube.com/KensingtonTechnology
- Facebook: facebook.com/KensingtonTech
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/Kensington
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/kensington_tech
- Contact us: email@example.com
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business, and home office professionals around the world for more than 40 years. Kensington strives to anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organizations committed to providing peak professionals the tools they need to thrive. The company prides itself as the professionals’ choice, and on its core values surrounding design, quality and support.
In office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, professional video conferencing, and ergonomic well-being.
Headquartered in Burlingame, California, Kensington is the inventor and a worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, which designs, manufactures and markets consumer and end-user products that help people work, learn, play and thrive. In addition to Kensington®, ACCO Brands’ widely recognized brands include AT-A-GLANCE®, Five Star®, Leitz®, Mead®, PowerA®, Swingline®, Tilibra and many others. More information about ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ACCO) can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Kensington®, KensingtonWorks™ and Pro Fit® are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2023 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.