Designed exclusively for Surface™ Pro 8 Smart Card (CAC) Reader Adapter w/ HDMI and USB-C is a purpose-built solution that offers a TAA-compliant CAC reader, military-grade wipe down protection, power pass-through (up to 60W), a kickstand opening, cable lock compatibility, and privacy screen support in an elegant half-height design that secures seamlessly onto the Surface Pro. A perfect complement to the Surface Pro, it allows full access to all I/O ports while also providing an HDMI port, as well as a USB-C 3.2 Gen2 port. A dedicated support team and a two-year limited warranty mean you can rest assured knowing you’re covered by Kensington.
- Designed exclusively for Surface Pro and built in collaboration with Microsoft for the highest quality, form, fit, and function. Delivers secure CAC functionality in an elegant half-height design that is as nimble as it is functional.
- TAA-compliance makes this integrated CAC reader ready for use in Government institutions and other organizations that require CAC. ISO/IEC 7816 certified for CAC, PIV, and Smart Cards A, B, C (5V, 3V, 1.8V). ROM means data is never stored, so it can’t be compromised.
- With military-grade wipe down protection, this adapter meets MIL-STD-810H Method 504.3 Contamination by Fluids testing for resistance to breakdown when exposed to cleaning and disinfecting solvents such as alcohol and bleach for at least 24 hours.
- Allows full access to all I/O ports while also providing a dedicated HDMI port, as well as a USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (10Gbps) port that can be used for data, video, or pass-through power (up to 60W). Supports a maximum resolution of up to single 4K @ 60Hz and dual 1440p @ 60Hz. Requires host device to have DSC enabled to support single 4K @ 60Hz (4K @ 30Hz supported without).
- Kickstand opening allows full use of the integrated Surface Pro kickstand — no need to remove the case.
- Can be secured with a Kensington keyed or combination lock — from the inventor of computer cable locks.
- Supports Kensington privacy screens (such as K5170WW), which protect privacy by limiting viewing angle to +/- 30-degrees while filtering blue light and glare.
- Backed by a two-year limited warranty and a dedicated support team, so you can rest assured knowing you’re covered by Kensington.