New Lock Offers Convenience to Both Users and IT Managers While Protecting Laptops and Valuable Data
Kensington, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today announced its new Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock which is designed to conveniently protect laptops and the valuable data that resides on them. The lock joins Kensington’s family of PC and laptop locks, long considered the industry gold standard for physical security of computers. For more than 20 years, Kensington has provided security products to leading retailers, telecommunications companies, health providers and more, as the need for computing device security continues to rise.
Kensington® Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock (SKU K67904WW; SRP: $39.99)
The Kensington Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock offers convenience to both the user and IT manager. A four-number code can be selected from 10,000 possible combinations so the user does not have to worry about a key. If the code should get lost or forgotten, a master key can quickly and easily open the lock, making life easier on the IT manager. The steel lock head is tamper-resistant and features Kensington’s T-Bar™ Locking Technology, which securely attaches to the Kensington Security Slot™ found on most laptops.
Key features include:
- Master Key Access - A quick and easy solution to open the lock in case the combination code is lost or forgotten (master key does not reset the code)
- Resettable 4-Number Combination - The lock offers 10,000 different combination codes that can be selected by the user so it’s personalized and more easily remembered
- Strong Lock Head - Tested against the most rigorous and thorough standards in the industry, the lock is tamper-resistant and will durably perform time after time
- T-Bar™ Locking Technology - The trusted industry standard for more than 20 years and compatible with the Kensington Security Slot found in most laptops. The rotating bar securely attaches to the internal wall of the device for a premium level of security.
- Push-Button Design - Allows for one-handed engagement into the laptop, quickly and easily attaching the lock inside the Kensington Security Slot
- Cut-Resistant Cable - Made of engineered carbon steel and sheathed in a protective cover, it offers the same level of cut-resistance and theft-resistance of much thicker cables while providing easier mobility
- Register & Retrieve - Kensington’s cloud-based combination registration program that allows for quick, secure and easy combination lookup should the code get lost or forgotten
The Kensington Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock is available today.
Digital images may be downloaded at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48490242@N04/albums/72157659826781519
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.