StudioDock™ transforms iPad Pro and iPad Air into fully functional desktop workstations, provides wireless fast-charging for Apple ecosystem to organise devices and eliminate charging cables.
London, June 22 2021– Kensington®, the worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals and The Professionals’ Choice, today announces availability of the StudioDock™, the ideal iPad docking station, in EMEA. Compatible with 12.9” iPad Pro (2018/2020), 11” iPad Pro (2018, 2020, 2021) and 11” iPad Air (2020) with USB-C port, StudioDock™ greatly enhances the functionality and usability of the iPad in home and office desktop environments.
A CES 2021 Innovations Award Honoree and recipient of eight Best of CES 2021 awards, the Plug and Play StudioDock™ requires no software installation and is available in 12.9-inch and 11-inch versions. StudioDock™ enhances and expands the functionality of the iPad with the following key features and benefits:
- Creates a powerful desktop experience – Magnetically attach and detach a USB-C iPad Pro 11” (2018/2020/2021), USB-C iPad Pro 12.9” (2018/2020), or 11” iPad Air (2020) in portrait or landscape modes for a true desktop experience that unleashes new creative possibilities.
- Fast charging for the Apple ecosystem – In addition to delivering 37.5W over USB-C to charge the iPad at speeds up to 108% faster than the Apple 18W charger, StudioDock™ includes Qi wireless iPhone and AirPod charging (up to 7.5W and 5W, respectively). An optional charging module for Apple Watch (up to 5W) will be available in mid-2021.
- Extends the desktop workspace – StudioDock™ provides a single 4K HDMI 2.0 video output to support an additional monitor for applications such as iMovie, Keynote, Netflix, Procreate, Shiftscreen and more.
- Integrated SD card reader – Ideal for photographers and videographers, StudioDock™ incorporates an SD Card Reader (UHS-II SD 4.0) enabling quick access to files without the need for adapters or dongles.
- Expansion ports maximize functionality – Four USB ports (one USB-C and three USB-A) enable users to connect devices such as a keyboard, mouse, USB storage, and printer. A 3.5mm audio jack supports the connection of a microphone or external speakers, and a Gigabit Ethernet port ensures fast, reliable connectivity for large file transfers or bandwidth-sensitive applications.
- Industry-leading support and warranty – StudioDock™ is backed by a dedicated support team and a three-year warranty.
“The announcement of StudioDock™ at CES has generated an incredible amount of excitement as it is being seen as a true game-changer for iPad users for both business and consumer applications,” said Ada Yang, Director, Global Product Management at Kensington. “The ability to instantly connect and transform the iPad into a complete desktop workstation opens up new possibilities for creativity and productivity in the office and at home. The added ability to serve as a charging base for the user’s entire Apple ecosystem not only eliminates unsightly cables, but keeps all devices together and fully-charged.”
Compatibility and availability:
- The 12.9” StudioDock™ (model number K34030WW) is compatible with 2018/2020 12.9” iPad Pro
- The 11” StudioDock™ (model number K34031WW) is compatible with 2018/2020/2021 11” iPad Pro and 2020 iPad Air
Kensington StudioDock™ iPad Docking Stations for iPad Pro 12.9” 2018/2020 (K34030WW - £389.99) and iPad Pro 11” 2018, 2020, 2021 and 11” iPad Air 2020 (K34031WW - £369.99) are available now through Amazon.
Follow Kensington on:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Kensington_tech
- YouTube: youtube.com/KensingtonTechnology
- Facebook: facebook.com/KensingtonTech
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/Kensington
- Twitter: @Kensington
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business, and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington strives to anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organisations committed to providing peak professionals the tools they need to thrive. The company prides itself as The Professionals’ Choice, and on its core values surrounding design, quality, support, and sustainability.
In office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers, and manufacturers of branded business, academic, and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. Kensington The Professionals’ Choice is a trademark of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.