Newest Lock Offers Strength and One-click Convenience in a Smaller Design to Protect Sleeker Laptops, POS Systems and More
Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals and The Professionals’ Choice, today introduced its new ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock. The new lock offers all the strength and one-click convenience and keyless engagement of the original ClickSafe lock, in a smaller, uncompromised design to protect sleeker laptops, POS systems and a wide variety of other devices.
As the industry leader in physical device security for 25 years, Kensington provides the most comprehensive line of laptop security solutions designed for the rigorous demands of Fortune 500 companies, government, financial, healthcare, and education customers. With 20 million locks sold stretching more than 132 million feet – enough to circle around the equator – global brands like Acer®, ASUS®, HP Inc.®, and Lenovo® trust Kensington to provide the anti-theft protection users need to secure their devices and the valuable data kept on them.
The ClickSafe 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock offers the broadest level of compatibility of any security lock, as its CSAs or Anchors can be attached to virtually any device. The lock features the smaller 5mm keying system used in other Kensington products for common keying systems and worry free administration across Kensington’s range of locks. With anti-pick Hidden Pin™ Technology, the ClickSafe lock head snaps onto the ClickSafe Security Anchor after it has been installed into the Kensington Security Slot found in most laptops. A carbon steel cable deters cutting attempts and the pivot & rotate hinge prevents awkward angles when inserting the key.
Kensington ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock
Kensington ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock (SKU# K64435)
Kensington ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock — Master (SKU# K64436M)
Kensington ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock — Supervisor (SKU# K64436S)
Kensington ClickSafe® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock — Like (SKU# K64436L)
Key features of the Kensington ClickSafe 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock include:
- Smaller, Uncompromised Lock Head - Designed to fit sleeker laptops, POS systems and a wide variety of other devices, the fully rotating head provides all the strength and anti-theft features you’d come to expect from the industry leader in physical device.
- 5mm Keying System - A central pillar of Kensington’s industry-leading locking solutions, the exclusive keying system is common across all of Kensington’s latest locks. The 5mm Keying System’s unparalleled custom management options provide flexibility, and the patented anti-pick Hidden Pin™ Technology offer complete peace of mind. Now IT directors will only have one keying system to manage across devices and across their organizations.
- ClickSafe® Locking Technology - After the ClickSafe Security Anchor featuring a T-Bar has been securely mounted inside the industry-standard Kensington Security Slot™ on the device, the ClickSafe lock head can be attached in a single click with one hand, providing an unparalleled combination of security and convenience for higher employee compliance.
- Carbon Steel Cable - Offering the same level of cut-resistance and theft-resistance as thicker cables, the carbon steel cable with plastic sheath offers security and greater mobility with 1.8m (6 ft.) of cable.
- Pivot and Rotate Cable – A special hinge creates great freedom of movement, eliminating awkward angles and allowing users to insert their keys with complete ease.
- Register & Retrieve™ - Kensington’s online key registration program that allows for quick, secure and easy key replacement if it ever gets lost or stolen.
- Custom Keying Options – Keying options include Master Keyed, Supervisor Keyed and Like Keyed for greater flexibility.
- Verified & Tested - Engineered to Kensington’s rigorous specifications and third-party standards in torque/pull, foreign implements, lock lifecycle, corrosion, key strength and other environmental conditions.
“Laptops have become an extension of both our professional and personal lives and as such, the need to keep them, as well other valuable devices, protected from theft is paramount,” said Brian Knauss, Global Product Manager, Security, Kensington. “In addition to accommodating smaller, thinner devices, Kensington’s 5mm keying system allows IT administrators to protect multiple devices – from laptops to projectors – across environments with one single key, making it a much easier process to manage. And with our unmatched custom keying options, IT administrators have the flexibility to implement the best possible locking solution to meet their requirements.”
All of Kensington’s newest locking solutions are designed with the 5mm keying system, including the NanoSaver™ Keyed Laptop Lock, MicroSaver® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock, MicroSaver® 2.0 Keyed Chassis Lock, and Desktop PC & Peripheral Locking Kit 2.0.
Notes to editors
Kensingtonis a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.