New Cabinet Offers Professional-Level Storage, Power & Security for Multiple Mobile Devices, Making It Ideal for Classrooms, Healthcare Offices and Retail/Hospitality Businesses
Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals, today introduced its AC12 Security Charging Cabinet for Chromebooks & Tablets. The new cabinet was designed to secure, power and store multiple devices at once, with features that make it flexible and easy to use in different environments.
With more tablets, Chromebooks™, and 2-in-1 hybrids being deployed in classrooms, healthcare offices and retail or hospitality businesses, the need for a solution that can store, charge and secure those devices overnight is greater than ever. The AC12 Security Charging Cabinet features slide-out drawers that provide an easy check-in/check-out experience for the mobile device users and administrators. The cabinet holds 12 devices measuring up to 14”, and with the cabinet running on AC power, it can safely charge all 12 devices simultaneously.
AC12 Security Charging Cabinet — (SKU: K64415; SRP: $699.99)
Features of the new cabinet include:
- Ample Storage & AC Power: Cabinet holds up to 12 devices where they can be securely stored for charging up to 90 watts each. Rugged dividers with convenient cable routing help manage cord clutter.
- Tamper-Resistant Door: Complete with a genuine Kensington lock, the front door swings wide for easy access to the cabinet interior.
- Universal Device Design: The cabinet accommodates a wide variety of devices up to 14 inches, including the Chromebook™, Surface™/Surface Pro, MacBook Air®, iPad®, Galaxy® Tab, laptops and more.
- Sliding Drawers: Each drawer partially slides out so users can easily place their device into the cabinet.
- Pre-Installed Free-Spinning Wheels: The cabinet can be rolled in any direction and rotates 360 degrees, making it extremely easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Dual Wheel Locks: Locking foot pedals on the two front wheels can be engaged with a simple push downward to severely limit movement. Lift the pedals to unlock, and the wheels once again move freely.
Notes to editors
Kensingtonis a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.