New Mountable Docking Station Enhances Productivity While Leaving Zero Footprint on the Desktop
Kensington®, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today announced the SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station, designed to improve the ease with which users can integrate their computing devices to enhance productivity. Kensington will showcase the SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas on January 4.
The new low-profile docking station enables users to quickly connect and disconnect their laptops with their entire desktop setup, including dual HD monitors, a mouse, a keyboard and all their other peripherals with a single USB cable. And because the dock can be mounted to the back of a VESA-compatible monitor, it leaves zero footprint on the desktop, helping reduce clutter.
“Kensington’s goal is to make the computing experience as seamless and hassle-free as possible,” said Louie Yao, global product manager, Kensington. “We all take our laptops to meetings. Struggling with multiple cables when we want to plug in or plug out, detracts from the ease and mobility of having a laptop in the first place. The SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station was designed to minimize this detraction, by connecting laptops and peripherals with just one cable. Furthermore, the dock is mountable to the back of a VESA-compatible monitor, helping to keep the desktop environment as unencumbered as possible.”
Key features of the Kensington® SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station (K33991WW; SRP $139.99) include:
- Dual HD Video Output - With an HDMI port and a DVI port, users can expand their workspace and increase productivity by adding two external screens. The HDMI connects directly while the DVI port can be connected directly or through the included DVI-to-VGA adapter.
- Zero Footprint Mounting - The dock can be mounted to the back of a 75mm or 100mm VESA-compatible external monitor (mounting plate sold separately), allowing users to keep their desktop less cluttered.
- Extend or Mirror Modes - Extend mode allows users to drag an open application to an external monitor so users can work across multiple screens, while Mirror mode allows users to replicate the content on their computer display to an external screen.
- 2 Front USB 3.0 Ports – Enable data transfer at up to 5Gbps with the fast and powerful ports positioned on the front of the dock, which is ideal for devices such as smartphones, tablets or external hard drives.
- 4 Rear USB 2.0 Ports – Positioned at the rear of the dock, users can can keep all their peripheral productivity accessories such as a keyboard, mouse or printer to help keep cables or wireless receivers hidden from view.
- Display Settings Software - Allows users to easily switch display modes, change the master monitor, or adjust the alignment and position of their screens. Kensington’s corporate install support provides for mass installation via the Microsoft® server.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port - Provides a reliable wired connection to a network or the Internet.
Key features of the Kensington® Docking Station VESA Mounting Plate (K33959WW; SRP $9.99) include:
- VESA Compatible - Easily mount the dock to the backside of a monitor, whether on a stand or attached to a monitor arm using four small screws. Compatible with 75mm or 100mm VESA hole layout in either an up-down or left-right orientation.
- Adjustable Placement - Specially designed slots in the mounting plate allow users to slide the docking station to their preferred position before tightening it into place.
Kensington will showcase the SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas on January 4. For more information contact Denise Nelson, the Ventana Group for Kensington, 925.858.5198 (mobile) or [email protected].
The SD3600 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station is available at Kensington.com today.
High resolution product images are available at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskqPh6XA.
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for nearly 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™. Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.kensington.com/ or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.