Industry Leader in Education Solutions Offers Wide Range of Cutting-Edge Products for Classroom Settings and Learning Environments
Kensington, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ computing accessories, will display its BlackBelt™ 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air® 2 and its KeyFolio Thin X2™ for iPad Air at a Back to School New Products event on March 25 in New York City at Hilton New York.
The BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case offers extreme tablet protection that is easy to hold, and is also available for the iPad mini™. Surrounded in a strong, cushioned layer of rubber over a polycarbonate X-frame to protect against bumps and drops, the BlackBelt meets military-grade MIL-STD-810G testing for drop protection. Other key features of the BlackBelt include:
- Built-in silicone hand strap for one-handed use and ease of holding when standing
- Multi-position kick stand for optimized upright video viewing or low-angle typing
- Raised bezel and screen protector to help prevent scratches
- Rubber construction allows for easy gripping and prevents tablets from sliding off of surfaces
- 20mm thickness fits into Charging Carts
- Unobstructed port openings for quick access to controls, cameras, and connectors
The KeyFolio Thin X2 offers an exceptionally light, thin, and form-fitting design that maintains the sleek profile of the iPad Air. In addition to the protective hard-shell exterior, key features include:
- Integrated Bluetooth® keyboard featuring 6 rows of high-performance scissor keys
- Row of dedicated shortcut keys for greater productivity in fewer keystrokes
- QuickFold™ design allows users to hide the keyboard beneath iPad to quickly and easily transition from typing to viewing mode.
- KeySense™ Power Channel automatically turns the keyboard on and off when it’s engaged or disengaged from the magnetic stand, helping to conserve battery life
- Auto Wake/Sleep for the iPad Air
- Magnetic closure for a safe and secure fit
As an industry leader in creating solutions for education, Kensington offers a wide range of products for the classroom that include:
- Chromebook™ Accessories: From charging cabinets and sleeves to locks and headphones, Kensington’s comprehensive line of Chromebook accessories includes the Universal Charging Cabinet, Chromebook and Tablet; the LS440 Sleeve, the MicroSaver® Micro DS Keyed Ultrabook Lock, and Hi-Fi Headphones.
- Tablet Protection: Kensington offers a family of rugged cases to provide the maximum protection that classrooms need to keep their technology investment safe and their students productive. In addition to the BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air 2, the company also offers the Charge & Sync Cabinet, Universal Tablet and the SafeGrip™ Rugged Case & Stand for iPad Air 2.
- Tablet Keyboards: An extensive lineup of tablet keyboards accommodate a wide variety of tablets, including KeyFolio Pro™ for iPad Air, KeyFolio Fit™ for Galaxy Tab® 4, and Wired Keyboard for iPad® with Lightning™ Connector.
“Electronic devices will be playing a major role in classrooms for years to come, especially with the widespread adoption of Common Core Standards,” said Jim Murakami, Global Product Manager, Kensington. “We’re pleased to offer such a wide range of premium productivity and protection solutions for electronic learning, including the BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case and the KeyFolio Thin X2 that we’ll be showcasing at the Back to School New Products Event. Not only do they help maximize the students’ learning experience, they also help schools safeguard their investments.”
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for nearly 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™. Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.kensington.com/ or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.