SD4000 Universal USB 3.0 Single 4K Docking Station - DP/HDMI/DVI-I - Windows
Get 4K Your Way for Better Productivity
About This Product
From the leader in desktop productivity solutions, Kensington’s SD4000 Universal Docking Station enables 4K Ultra HD, even when your laptop doesn’t have a 4K graphics card. As well as serving as a central hub and charger for all your peripherals, the dock provides Ultra HD (3840x2160) to a single 4K monitor or TV via an HDMI or DisplayPort connection. When using two additional monitors instead of one, the dock provides 2K resolution to each screen (2048x1152). There are three available USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, including one that provides 2.1 AMP fast charging for a tablet or smartphone. There’s also a gigabit Ethernet port so you have a reliable, wired network connection.
- Best For: USB 3.0 Laptops, Ultrabooks & Windows Tablets and Monitors that support up to 4K
- Connection Technology: USB 3.0 (DisplayLink)
- Compatibility: Windows 7 or above
- # of Monitors Supported: 2
- Video Ports: 1 x HDMI v1.4 or 1 x DisplayPort v1.1 and 1 x DVI-I (DVI-to-VGA adapter is NOT included)
- Maximum Resolution Supported: Single Monitor: 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz and Dual Monitors: 2048 x 1152 @ 30Hz
- DisplayLink driver installation required. Download software from kensington.com or via Windows update.
- System Requirements: N/A
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Best For: Convertible and 2-in-1 Laptops, Laptops, Ultrabooks, Windows Tablets
- Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Connections: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) Female, Host Interface: USB 3.0, Host upstream link: USB (B Type) Female , HUB downstream link: USB (A Type) Female
- Connectivity: Wired
- Features: Extended Display, Kensington Security Slot, Mirrored Display, Power Indicator (Blue), USB Hub Link Indicator (Green)
Weights and Dimensions
- Height: 95mm / 3.8"
- Width: 32mm / 1.2"
- Depth: 159mm / 6.2"
1 yearYou can get further information on warranties by viewing our Warranty Information page.
4K Ultra HD for One Monitor
Give your computer the screen space, power and clarity of Ultra HD, with 3840x2160 resolution via USB 3.0, increasing the content available on your monitor for improved productivity.
No Need for 4K Graphics Card
The SD4000 takes care of all the work for you so you don’t have to upgrade or modify your laptop to enable the higher resolution on the screen
HDMI or DisplayPort Options for 4K
Both connections are available on the back of the dock and can be accessed through a sliding panel that covers the connection port you’re not using to protect the electronics
2K for Dual Monitors
Ideal for users not ready to make the transition to 4K, this option can support the typical two-monitor setup with 1920x1200/2048x1152 resolution for each screen
USB 3.0 Ports/2.1A Charging Port
Expand your device’s productivity capabilities by plugging your peripheral accessories into any of three USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. One port allows you to fast charge a tablet or smartphone.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Provides a reliable wired connection to a network or the Internet