SD5000T Thunderbolt™ 3 Docking Station
More Speed, More Power, Limitless Productivity.
About This Product
For over 35 years, Kensington has been The Professionals’ Choice for desktop productivity solutions. Continuously supporting the most advanced technology, Kensington has engineered the game-changing SD5000T Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station. Whether you’re a video editor, graphic designer, content creator, gamer, or just someone who wants to simplify a 4K workspace, you get more—more speed, more pixels, more power, and more possibilities. Accommodating a single Thunderbolt 3 cable carrying up to 40Gbps of data, which is enough bandwidth to simultaneously run two 4K monitors at 60fps, while also providing up to 85W of laptop charging, the SD5000T Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station is a power user’s solution for hyper-productivity.
- "Thunderbolt™ 3 Technology brings the speed and versatility of Thunderbolt to USB-C by allowing a single compact port to do it all – providing connectivity to Thunderbolt devices, billions of USB devices, and any display – all while supplying power".
- 4K for Dual Monitors provides the crisp resolution, contrast and color depth of Ultra HD simultaneously on two monitors (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz) via DisplayPort and a USB-C video adapter.
- 85W Power Delivery to charge the host device (Host device must be designed to support Power Delivery for dock to provide charging).
- DisplayPort++ allows connection to 4K monitors via DisplayPort or optional passive adapters to connect to monitors with HDMI or DVI.
- USB Ports/2.1A Charging Port extends productivity capabilities to peripheral accessories via one USB-C 5Gbps port, and two USB 3.0 ports, one of which is a 2.1A charging port to power up a tablet or smartphone.
- Zero Footprint Mounting provides the option to attach the dock to the back of any VESA-compatible external monitor to accommodate space-challenged workspaces (mounting plate (K33959WW) sold separately).
- Daisy Chaining allows connection for up to 5 additional Thunderbolt-enabled devices for unparalleled productivity from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Kensington Security Slot protects your technology investment via easy implementation of a cable lock from the #1 brand in physical device security.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port provides a reliable 1Gb wired networking connection between computers or the Internet.
- 3.5mm Headphone & Microphone Jacks provide quick access to plug & play accessories.
- Mac OS
- Mac OS 10.5
- Mac OS 10.6
- Mac OS 10.7
- Mac OS 10.8
- Mac OS 10.9
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Mac OS X 10.12 or above
- Best For: 4K Monitors, Laptops, Monitors
- Brand: Apple
- Compatibility: Mac OS, Mac OS 10.5, Mac OS 10.6, Mac OS 10.7, Mac OS 10.8, Mac OS 10.9, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.12 or above
3 yearsYou can get further information on warranties by viewing our Warranty Information page.
Thunderbolt™ 3 Technology — The Apex of USB-C™ Performance
"Brings lightening fast data transfer speeds up to 40Gbps to your desktop setup, allowing you to transfer a 4K movie in less than 30 seconds and connect two 4K displays with nearly 16 million more pixels than an HDTV – all while supplying power to**your host."
4K for Dual Monitors
The perfect solution for business professionals, designers, and gamers, the dual 4K connections provide the crisp resolution, contrast and color depth of Ultra HD (4096x2160) on two monitors at the same time at 60fps. Using DisplayPort and a Thunderbolt 3 port using a USB-C to HDMI (K33993WW) or USB-C to VGA (K33994WW) video adapter, you’ll see more pixels with more speed than ever before (adapters sold separately).
85W Power Delivery
Use a single Thunderbolt 3 cable to dock and charge your device, and keep your laptop powered up while you’re working.
Connect to 4K monitors via DisplayPort or use passive adapters to connect to your monitors with HDMI or DVI. When setting up dual monitors, simply convert a Thunderbolt 3 port with a USB-C video adapter.
USB Ports/2.1A Charging Port
Expand your device’s productivity capabilities by plugging your peripheral accessories into one USB-C 5Gbps port, and two USB 3.0 ports, one of which is a 2.1A charging port to power up a tablet or smartphone.
Zero Footprint Mounting
The dock can be mounted to the back of any VESA-compatible external monitor (mounting plate (K33959WW) sold separately), allowing you to keep your desktop less cluttered.
In addition to the other accessories you connect via USB, you can also connect up to 5 Thunderbolt 3 devices by daisy-chaining them together using the dual Thunderbolt 3 ports as in/out ports.
Kensington Security Slot™
Allows you to easily implement a cable lock from the #1 brand in physical device security to protect your technology investment from potential thieves.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Provides you with a reliable 1Gb wired network connection between computers or the internet.
3.5mm Headphone & Microphone Jacks
Provides you with quick access to your plug & play headphone and microphone accessories.