SD3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station
Make a Windows Laptop or Convertible Ultra-Productive
About This Product
Ultra-thin laptops and 2-in-1 convertibles like the Microsoft Surface Pro offer great mobile productivity and sleek good looks. But that also means they usually come up short on connectivity ports. As a result, you’re constantly plugging and unplugging peripherals. That’s where the SD3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station comes in. It turns one USB port into six so you have access to all your peripherals, including keyboard, mouse, printer and external hard drive. And with dual HD video output, you can add two external monitors to boost productivity. The dock’s two USB 3.0 ports support super-speed data transfer of up to 5 Gbps.
- Dual HD video output via HDMI, VGA or DVI connections
- Optimized for Windows laptops and 2-in-1 convertibles to turn one USB port into 6
- Universal USB connection for hassle-free setup
- Super-speed data transfer of up to 5 Gbps
- Gigabit Ethernet connection for wired network and Internet access
- Audio 2.0 for enhanced sound
- Tower design for smaller desktop footprint
- DVI-to-VGA and DVI-to-HDMI adapters included for greater monitor compatibility
- Built-in Kensington Security Slot
- Corporate Install feature allows administrators to install the graphics driver over a Microsoft® server
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Best For: Convertible and 2-in-1 Laptops, Laptops, Ultrabooks, Windows Tablets
- Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Connections: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) Female, DVI-I to HDMI Adapter, DVI-I to VGA Adapter, Host Interface: USB 3.0, Host upstream link: USB (B Type) Female , HUB downstream link: USB (A Type) Female
- Connectivity: Wired
- Features: Extended Display, Kensington Security Slot, Mirrored Display, Power Indicator (Blue), USB Hub Link Indicator (Green)
2 yearsYou can get further information on warranties by viewing our Warranty Information page.
- Kensington USB3.0 Docking Station Driver Version 4 for macOS 10.13 (SD3500V, SD3600, SD3650) (macOS 10.13 High Sie)
- Kensington sd3500v/sd3600/sd3650/sd4000 USB 3.0 docking stations (K33972/K33983/K33991/K33997) and USB MULTI-DISPLAY ADAPTER, VU4000, VU4000D (K33974/K33988/K33989) Driver Version 8.2 M1 (Windows 7, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10)
- Kensington SD3000v/SD3500v/SD3600/SD3650/SD4000 USB 3.0 docking stations (K33970/K33971/K33972/K33973/K33983/K33991/K33997) and USB MULTIDISPLAY ADAPTER, VU4000, VU4000D (K33928/K33974/K33988/K33989) Driver Version 7.9.x (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10)
Connect two additional screens with 1 DVI Out & 1 HDMI Out
Expand your workspace by adding additional monitors. Connect your DVI monitor to the DVI port or use the included DVI>VGA adapter to connect your VGA monitor. If you've got an HDMI monitor, you can connect directly into the HDMI out port. You can also connect a second HDMI monitor to the DVI port using the included DVI>HDMI adapter. You can run both the DVI and HDMI ports simultaneously.
Extend your workspace by making it bigger. Extend mode allows you to share your whole desktop across multiple screens. Ideal for improved productivity by working with, and viewing, multiple applications at the same time.
Allows you to replicate the same content on your second display as you do on your master display.
2 Front USB 3.0 Ports
Two fast and powerful USB 3.0 ports are positioned on the front of the dock for when you want to charge a phone or tablet, or transfer data from another device. Headphone and microphone input ports are also conveniently within reach when they’re needed.
4 Rear USB 2.0 Ports
Connect all your peripherals with 4 USB ports. These ports are strategically located on the back of the docking station to help keep your printer, keyboard and mice cables or wireless dongles hidden from view.
Display Settings Software
Our intuitive display management console sits on your applications bar and allows you to easily switch between display modes, change the master monitor or adjust alignment and position of your screens. Our corporate install support provides for mass installation via the Microsoft® server.
Add more screens
You can hook up even more monitors using a multi-display adapter, which is available separately. These connect into one of the six USB ports and can be used with DVI or VGA monitors.