The ideal docking station for evolving mixed-computer environments
Kensington® understands that having the right connection when and where you need it is important to today’s mobile workforce. We are pleased to announce the release of the SD1600P Universal USB-C Mobile 4K Docking Station with Pass-through Charging (K33968, SRP $99.99), which gives organizations full support for Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, and USB 3 devices from laptops using Windows, Chrome, and macOS operating systems.
With Kensington’s SD1600P USB-C Mobile 4K Docking Station with Pass-Through Charging, users can expand their desktop setup to include a full HD (VGA) or 4K (HDMI) display and connect to their favorite USB accessories using two USB 3.0 ports, and an extra USB-C port for data synchronization (up to 5Gbps). Whether in a temporary workspace or a conference room, the SD1600P keeps users productive and powered up with pass-through charging for accessories. Built on USB-C technology and Power Delivery 3.0, users can connect with confidence to PC, MacBook, or Chromebook devices knowing the SD1600P will let them expand their workspace, use their favorite accessories, and power their device at the same time.
“At Kensington, we value the trust that consumers and organizations have placed in us since we introduced the first Universal Docking Station. As technologies improve, we are committed to providing our customers with new solutions that leverage the latest enhancements to boost productivity and performance,” says Fred Wu, Kensington Global Product Manager. “The Universal USB-C Mobile 4K Docking Station protects an organization’s investment in existing technology by supporting USB 3.0, while offering complete access to the latest USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 technologies.”
The Docking Station connects to a single USB-C port on a laptop and gives the connected user:
- Universal Compatibility—works with any laptop equipped with a compatible USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port and supports Windows, Mac and Chrome operating systems
- USB-C Pass-through Power—plug a laptop's USB-C power adapter into the dock to provide pass-through power to the laptop, or power the dock and connected devices using the laptop's battery when traveling
- Versatile Video Connections—offer output options for HDMI (4K@30Hz) or VGA Full HD (1920x1080p) to an external monitor, TV, or projector
- 3 USB Ports—extend productivity capabilities via two USB 3.0 ports (up to 5Gbps), and an extra USB-C port for data synchronization (up to 5Gbps)
- Built-in Charging Hub—allows the dock to power mobile accessories (5V/2.4A per the two USB 3.0 ports and 5V/3A per the USB-C male cable) when not being used as a dock, which eliminates the need to travel with additional power adapters
- Gigabit Ethernet Port—provides a reliable 1Gbps wired networking connection
- 8” Hideaway USB-C Cable provides flexible length (20.5cm) while conveniently storing within dock when not in use
- Compact Design—fits into a laptop backpack or carrying case
The SD1600P Universal USB-C Mobile 4K Docking Station with Pass-through Charging gives you the flexibility to connect a variety of laptops.
Kensington has extensively tested the docking station with new and existing laptop models from the world’s most popular manufacturers, including HP, Dell, Lenovo and Apple, to ensure an easy and painless setup process. It has also been fully tested for compatibility with Windows 7 and 10, and macOS 10.13 and later.
From Kensington, the Trusted Professionals’ Choice
For over 35 years, Kensington has been The Professionals’ Choice for desktop productivity solutions. Committed to delivering stable solutions that help IT managers extend the life of their technology investments, Kensington’s docks offer the latest technology with cross-compatibility options.
The SD1600P Universal USB-C Mobile 4K Docking Station with Pass-through Charging joins the comprehensive suite of connectivity and productivity products that Kensington offers for USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 3, and USB-C laptops
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.