Users Can “Protect While They Accept,” Giving Them Greater Confidence in Their POS System, and Less Worry About Possible Damage When Moving About
Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals and The Professionals’ Choice, today announced its new SecureBackTM Rugged Case for SquareTM Reader, compatible with 9.7-inch iPad®, iPad Air®, and iPad Air® 2.
Designed to protect the iPad in a mobile point-of-sale environment, the Kensington SecureBack Rugged Case for Square Readers provides integrated protection for the Square Contactless & Chip Reader, and the Square Magstripe Reader. The dual layer construction offers maximum drop protection while the raised bezel edging guards against screen scratches. The rotating hand strap and shoulder strap make it easy to carry, and a built-in anchor lets the user quickly attach a ClickSafe® lock to deter any theft attempts when the user is away from the tablet.
The Kensington SecureBack Rugged Case for Square Readers is available in the following SKUs:
Kensington® SecureBackTM Rugged Case for SquareTM Readers (SKU # K64495)
Features of the Kensington SecureBack Rugged Case for Square Reader include:
- Rugged Dual Layer Construction offers maximum protection for the iPad and connected readers using a strong, cushioned layer of rubber with a raised bezel edge to protect the corners, back and screen from drops, bumps and scratches.
- Integrated Reader Protection provides durable protection for the Square Contactless & Chip Reader, and support for the Square Magstripe Reader.
- Rotating Hand Strap & Padded Shoulder Strap make it convenient to hold and use with the flexibility to accommodate vertical or horizontal viewing, and hands-free carrying.
- Non-Slip Grip provided by the rubberized texture makes the case easier to hold and prevents it from sliding off a table or desk.
- Tamper Prevention Cover Plates provide additional security for the power button and volume controls, reducing chances of an unauthorized user gaining access, while also keeping ports dust-free.
- Built-in ClickSafe® Anchor accommodates a ClickSafe cable lock (sold separately) to provide industry-leading theft protection for the iPad.
“We’ve designed the Kensington SecureBack Rugged Case for Square Readers with the unique requirements associated with safeguarding the iPad in a point-of-sale environment,” said Cameron Little, Director of Business Development, Kensington. “With the case, users can ‘protect while they accept,’ giving them greater confidence in their POS system, and less worry about possible damage when moving about. And given Kensington’s extensive experience with physical security, integrating the compatible anchor to accommodate the ClickSafe lock naturally extended the overall level of protection by providing the first line of defense against the theft of iPad and Square Reader.”
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.