Play it Line Shines Bright with Multiple Products Selected as the Top iPhone and iPod Accessories on the Market
Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in delivering smart made simple? computing accessories for the mobile consumer, announced today that three products from its popular play it line have been selected as winners of the iProng 50 which recognizes the top iPhone and iPod accessories currently on the market. Products selected include the Hands Free Visor Car Kit for iPhone and Bluetooth Phones® the LiquidAUX? Deluxe for iPhone and iPod and the LiquidAUX? for iPhone and iPod.
"We are delighted to receive this award and that our iPod and iPhone accessories continue to be recognized as some of the best and most popular with consumers," said Christine Dumery, Director, Marketing Communications at Kensington. "The iProng 50 Award is proof positive that we continue to create an excellent user experience through unique design, thoughtful features and quality engineering."
Kensington's Winning Play it Products:
Kensington Hands-Free Visor Car Kit for iPhone and Bluetooth® Phones (SKU 33440; SRP $119.99)
Speed dialing and hands-free calling hit the road with the Kensington Hands-Free Visor Car Kit for iPhone and Bluetooth® Phones. Simply clip it on your car's sun visor and pair with your iPhone or Bluetooth enabled phone for one-touch speed dialing of your three favorite numbers and crystal-clear, hands-free talking.
Since many states already have enacted strict laws about driving and talking on mobile phones, the new hands-free support helps users drive and talk not only conveniently and safely - but also legally. Key features include:
- One Touch for Top Three - Program three frequently dialed numbers to call your favorite people with a single touch while driving.
- Multi-Driver Friendly - Press the user swap button and the car kit will automatically disconnect from your phone to link to a second or third driver's programmed phone - each with their own three speed dial presets, for up to nine numbers in one vehicle.
- Clear Conversation - The high-quality speaker, microphone, and patented noise canceling technology offer flawless voice transmission for all communications needed while driving.
- Easy and Convenient Access - Keep within reach at all times by clipping the Hands-Free Visor Car Kit to your vehicle's sun visor.
- Talk for Hours - The Hands-Free Visor Car Kit includes two swappable, rechargeable battery packs for approximately 10 hours of talk time each to never worry about running out of power.
Kensington LiquidAUX? Deluxe for iPhone and iPod (SKU 33430; SRP $99.99)
Control your music with the wireless remote and give your iPhone or iPod a home in the car with our adjustable cradle. A flexible arm allows you to maneuver it to your hearts desire while an auxiliary port connection ensures pure sound quality from your iPod. Designed specifically for vehicles with in-dash auxiliary ports. Compatible with the new iPhone 3G S.
Kensington LiquidAUX? for iPhone and iPod (SKU 33429; SRP $79.99)
Get superior sound quality from a simple auxiliary port connection and charge your iPhone or iPod at the same time. The wireless remote ensures that your hands never have to leave the steering wheel. A smart audio sensor turns off the device to conserve car battery power. Designed for vehicles with auxiliary ports in the center console. Compatible with the new iPhone 3G S.
Key features of the Kensington LiquidAUX line include:
- Auxiliary (AUX) Port Connection - simply play tunes from your iPhone, iPod or music phone by connecting directly to the car stereo for clear, crisp fidelity.
- Remote Control - spend more time looking at the road and less time fumbling with your iPhone, iPod or phone by using the wireless remote that lets you change tracks, pause/play your music and even answer your phone calls.
- Car Charger - charge your iPhone, iPod or music phone while listening to your tunes.
- Organized - purpose-built pockets provide dedicated storage for accessories and separates smaller items from larger ones, making it easy to find that lipstick or power supply when the need arises.
- Less Clutter - no more messy cords. The products are designed specifically for vehicles with auxiliary ports in the center console or in-dash.
"The products we've chosen include everything from cases to skins, speaker systems to earbuds, docks to microphones, car products to wireless products, said Bill Palmer, Publisher if iProng Magazine. "These fifty accessories were selected based on innovation, quality, and overall usefulness. Value also matters, so we've ensured that the iProng 50 includes products that are worth their price across the spectrum. We've included iPhone earbuds with prices ranging from $29 to $400, iPod stereo systems from $99 to $599, cases from $15 to $280. The iProng 50 has something for everyone, no matter your budget, whether you're using an iPhone 3G S or an iPod nano or anything in between," said Palmer
Notes to editors
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.