SmartFit System Reinvents Ergonomic Computer Accessories with Patented 3-Step Approach for Quick Set-up and Improved Comfort
Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in delivering "Smart Made Simple" computing accessories for the digital lifestyle, today announced seven new SmartFit® products that create a tailored computing experience in minutes.
SmartFit is a patented three-step system from Kensington that allows users to find the optimal settings for their workstation accessories quickly and easily. Kensington's SmartFit line of products incorporate color-coded settings that can easily be adjusted to provide a range of users with the most favorable computing environment.
"With ergonomic injuries costing US industry $50 billion per year, using workstation accessories correctly is critical. We developed the SmartFit system in order to demystify ergonomics for the consumer. We studied how people interact with their computers and assessed the variation in their computing needs," said Tom Pscheidt, Global Ergonomics Product Manager, Kensington. "The result is an extension of our 'Smart Made Simple' product philosophy: we engineer our SmartFit products to provide the most complete out-of-the-box solution that can offer a personalized level of comfort for a wide range of people with minimal setup time."
From footrests and monitor arms to keyboard platforms and lumbar supports Kensington offers over 20 ways to bring the benefits of SmartFit into the workspace and cater to every aspect of people's computing lifestyle.
The Kensington SmartFit System
The Kensington SmartFit system was developed by performing statistical analysis on an anthropometric database developed by the United States Army. There is a direct correlation between the size of an individual's hand and the rest of his or her body measurements. Kensington partitioned this data into four percentiles, each corresponding to an individual color.
Each SmartFit product ships with a colored hand chart so users can easily find their correct SmartFit® "comfort color". By placing their hand on chart, users can quickly determine the color that represents their ideal setting and then adjust the SmartFit product according the color-coded instruction guide that is included in the package.
The New Kensington SmartFit Products Include
- Kensington Over/Under Comfort Keyboard Drawer with SmartFit System (SKU K60717US): This unique Keyboard Drawer/Monitor Stand adjusts both keyboard and monitor height to match your SmartFit® personal comfort color. Universal design works over or under desk to fit any workspace and individual body size. Suggested retail price, $84.95.
- Kensington Modular Keyboard Platform with SmartFit System (SKU K60718US): Fit any size desk space with adjustable platforms. Use all 3 platforms for a large mousing area or remove 1 platform to fit just your keyboard. Low profile articulating arm simply adjusts 6" in height, +/-15º tilt and rotates 360º to match your SmartFit® comfort color. Includes wrist rests for keyboard and mouse. Suggested retail price, $142.95.
- Kensington Modular Long Arm Keyboard Platform with SmartFit System (SKU K60719US): Fit any corner or curved workstation with adjustable platforms. Use all 3 platforms for a large mousing area or remove 1 platform to fit just your keyboard. Low profile articulating arm simply adjusts 6" in height, +/-15º tilt and rotates 360º to match your SmartFit® comfort color. Includes wrist rests for keyboard and mouse. Suggested retail price, $249.95.
- Kensington SoleMate™ Comfort Footrest with SmartFit System (SKU K56144US): The full-featured foot rest steps up with greater leg, back, and foot comfort. The luxurious memory foam pad soothes tired feet and eliminates pressure points. With a flick of the foot-operated lock, the angle can be adjusted to the perfect angle for all-day back and leg comfort. Height adjusts 3.5" to 5". Suggested retail price, $74.95.
- Kensington SoleMate™ Plus with SmartFit System (SKU K56146US): Reduce muscle strain and fatigue by supporting your legs at an optimum angle. Height adjusts from 3.5" to 5" and angle adjusts 30° and locks into place with a simple press of the foot. Large non-skid surface. Suggested retail price, $64.95.
- Kensington Flat Panel Monitor Stand with SmartFit System (SKU K60046US): Gain valuable workspace, organize your desk and position your monitor to the desired height. Platform adjusts from 2.5" to 4.5" above the desk and allows for keyboard storage. Two adjustable shelves holds speakers, PDA cradle, just about anything on your desk. Supports up to 35 lbs. Rubber feet protect surface. Suggested retail price, $54.95.
- Kensington Lumbar Back Support with SmartFit System (SKU K62823US): The Lumbar Back Rest looks-and feels-like no other lumbar support. The unique shape supports and aligns your spine while the heat-activated memory foam construction molds itself to your body for a truly comfortable fit. Suggested retail price, $44.95.
"One size does not always fit all," said Pscheidt. "The best way to enhance people's computing experience is to offer them accessories that cater to their individual needs. The SmartFit System lets the vast majority of people interact with their computing products as though the products were custom-made for them."
Kensington's revolutionary SmartFit system takes a holistic approach to ergonomics by working with the overall computing environment to produce a complementary solution. "Kensington takes a proactive stance on promoting wellness rather than simply compensating for discomfort or blindly following a hodgepodge of poorly-understood rules on ergonomics," said Pscheidt. "Computers are people's windows for communication, entertainment, and work," said Pscheidt. "Kensington gives them the tools to make computing a more comfortable and productive experience."
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.