FM Transmitters for iPod® Including Pico FM Offer 100% Compatibility with new iPod nano
Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in mobile computing accessories, announced today that its entire line of iPod® accessories including FM transmitters, speakers and docks offer 100% compatibility with the new iPod video and the all-new iPod nano announced by Apple Computers on September 12. Unlike other iPod accessories manufacturers, Kensington currently offers iPod nano specific FM transmitters that will remain compatible with the completely re-designed iPod nano.
"Regardless of the recent changes, users of our iPod accessories can continue to enjoy their iPod tunes on the go anywhere and anytime," said Giovanni Sena, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Kensington. "We continually offer consumers award winning iPod accessories that are compatible with the latest iPod music players."
For example, the Kensington Pico FM Transmitter for iPod was originally designed with the iPod nano in mind and remains 100% compatible despite the recent changes. It connects easily to the dock connector of any iPod and uses the bright iPod screen for easy viewing of station information. Users simply tune their car or home stereo to a clear radio station, select the same station on their iPod and press play - it's that easy!
Key Features of the Pico FM Transmitter Include:
- Ultra-thin, ultra-sleek design
- Plays music from your iPod wirelessly through your car or home stereo
- Uses the iPod high-resolution LCD to display station information. No software required for this functionality
- Advanced power management technology minimizes battery drain on your iPod
- Easy-to-use station presets
"For iPod users, it's all about enhancing the listening experience," said Sena. "Kensington always makes it easier to enjoy your digital music no matter which iPod you prefer."
Experience the Quality of Kensington's iPod® Accessories:
All Kensington iPod accessories, including the FM transmitters, speakers and docks are still fully compatible with all previously existing models of the iPod® and the newly announced iPod nano and video. The Kensington FM transmitters, including the Pico FM Transmitter for iPod, are consistently rated as the highest-quality FM transmitters on the market. The Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger ranks #1 in sales on both Apple.com and Amazon.com1 . Additionally, the Kensington best-in-class speakers offer NXT technology with stunning industrial design and the Kensington Docks allow you to bring your iPod into your home to play music, photos and videos.
The Kensington FM Transmitter line is a collection of industry-leading innovations:
- RDS FM Transmitter/Car Charger - The world's first FM transmitter with RDS technology. While listening to your iPod, see the song and the artist name displayed on car stereo using our patent-pending RDS FM Transmitter for iPod. Suggested retail price $79.99
- Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger - The world's highest rated FM transmitter. This all-in-one Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger plays and charges iPods using the car's FM radio and DC power source. Simple up/down button speeds frequency selection and three programmable buttons lock in station presets. Available in both black and white. Suggested retail price $79.99
- Digital FM Radio & FM Transmitter - The world's first dual transmitter and receiver. A unique 2-in-1 FM transmitter and radio lets you play your favorite FM radio station through your iPod or transmit iPod tunes through your home or car stereo. The backlit digital display is simple to read and can tune to any station, and you can lock in your favorites with four pre-sets. Suggested retail price $79.99
The Kensington best-in-class speakers offer NXT technology with stunning industrial design:
- SX 3000R Speakers with FM Radio for iPod - Fill any room in the house with dynamic audio clarity from a stunning speaker with a built-in FM radio and remote control. Experience a full, rich sound from a sleek, flat panel speaker. The Kensington SX 3000R Speakers with FM Radio for iPod® gives you the added benefit of an FM radio and the convenience of a wireless remote to control your music from across the room. Suggested retail price $169.99
- SX 2000 Speakers for iPod - Fill the room with superior stereo sound from an ultra-thin speaker. At home or in the office, the Kensington SX 2000 Speakers for iPod do something that other similar speakers can't. Thanks to NXT's advanced SurfaceSound® flat panel speaker technology, they deliver clearly superior bass and sound balance out both sides of the unit. Suggested retail price $99.99
- FX 300 Speaker To Go - A case that rocks. Share your favorite tunes anywhere, anytime. FX 300 Speaker To Go is smartly designed into a lightweight, protective case with exterior volume control. Once your MP3 player is safely tucked in, music comes out. Suggested retail price $29.99
The Kensington Docks allow you to bring your iPod into your home to play music, photos and videos:
- Entertainment Dock 500 for iPod - Music, video and photos in your home with a touch of the remote control. The Entertainment Dock 500 isn't just for music anymore. Using the video out ports (RCA or S-video) you can also share videos and photos from your iPod through your TV. With a touch of the wireless RF remote you can listen to music through your stereo or play a soundtrack while you view your favorite photos. Simultaneously charges iPod in the cradle. Suggested retail price $99.99
- Stereo Dock for iPod - Allows you to listen to your iPod® tunes in your home. Add the iPod to your home stereo system. The Kensington Stereo Dock transmits your favorite iPod tunes through your stereo system, and charges the iPod at the same time. The infrared remote control operates interference free from up to 30 feet away, with five simple buttons to control Play/Pause, Skip Forward, Skip Back, Volume Up and Volume Down. Suggested retail price $59.99
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
1 Based on sales for FM Transmitters for iPod on www.apple.com and www.amazon.com on 9/14/2006