Company Announces The World's First Mobile Laser Wireless Mouse
Kensington, a worldwide leader in mobile computing accessories, announced today that it has expanded its popular line of mice with the availability of three new laser mice, incorporating superior performance via the latest advancements in laser technology. Users can now choose from a deeper product line of Kensington mice that take advantage of the best in laser technology for use in the home, at work or on the go.
Larger monitors, photo and video editing applications, multi-tasking chat sessions - computer usage is becoming more demanding. Kensington's new line of laser mice allows consumers to meet these demands head on. With 20 times the tracking power and three times the battery life of most optical mice, Kensington's laser mice provide today's demanding users with the precision and availability they require. Add in the ability to work flawlessly on almost any surface and you've got the perfect solution for today's computer user.
"Whether consumers are looking for a great desktop mouse or the ultimate travel mouse - Kensington has the right options at the right price," said Ian Lombard, Director of Product Management for Kensington. "Providing laser precision at optical prices is unheard of, but Kensington's done it."
Desktop Laser Mice Offerings from Kensington:
- PilotMouse Laser Wireless (Suggested street price $49.99): Kensington's 3-button desktop model offers superior comfort, style, and is packed with the latest features. Pilot Mouse Laser Wireless allows you to work without cords and on more surfaces than older technology optical mice. (SKU 72242)
- PilotMouse Laser Wireless Pro (Suggested street price $59.99): Kensington's 6-button wireless model offers the latest in laser desktop mouse technology. Powerful programmable buttons reduce repetitive tasks to a single click. (SKU 72241)
World's First Mobile Laser Wireless Mouse:
- PilotMouse Laser Wireless Mini (Suggested street price $49.99): World's first mobile laser wireless mouse packed with features into a portable package. Mini version offers unrivaled precision and convenience in a mobile form factor. A must have for road warriors! (SKU 72239)
All three of Kensington's new laser mice incorporate enhanced technology advantages not currently available in standard and optical mice. Key features and benefits of Kensington's laser mice include:
- Advanced laser tracking that works precisely on almost any surface- with 20 times the surface sensitivity of optical
- 2.4Ghz wireless technology for ultra high-speed, interference free wireless performance
- Tilt-scroll wheel for 4 way directional scrolling side-to-side and up/down (desktop models only)
- Programmable buttons and scroll wheel make fast work of navigation and repetitive tasks
- Advanced power-saving technology doubles battery life compared to other wireless mice
- Longer range--up to 30 feet--for workspace freedom and presentation flexibility
- RF receiver attaches securely to base and preventing battery drain and lost parts
- Latest software support via Kensington's MouseWorks Software available online
- Flexible rubber grips provides superior comfort
"True to Kensington's tradition of offering products that are practical yet innovative, we have delivered laser mice that not only offer increased precision, but a stylish look and ergonomic feel as well," said Lombard.
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.