Kensington, a worldwide leader in mobile computing accessories, announced today that IDG's PlayList has awarded the Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod with the 2005 PlayList award for Best FM Transmitter for the Car.
The Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod is an all-in-one digital FM transmitter that enables users to charge an iPod while playing music by utilizing the car's FM radio and DC power source. Kensington's Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod also incorporates patented Aerielle wireless technology to provide superior audio fidelity. For more information on the Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod please visit www.kensington.com.
"We're delighted that IDG's PlayList chose our product to represent one of the best accessories for the iPod enthusiast," said Giovanni Sena, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Kensington. "This award solidifies Kensington's passion for developing products that are innovative, useful and offer great value to the consumer, as well as incorporating great design features."
The 2005 Playlist Plays of the Year awards are prestigious distinctions given to the year's top hardware and software in the iPod and digital music markets. The awards are chosen by Playlist's editorial staff, who have looked at nearly every new iPod- and digital music-related product released between November 1, 2004 and November 1, 2005. The Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod is one of Kensington's many products that have joined its expanding line of accessories for the iPod and the recently announced iPod nano and iPod video.
"Whether you are using an original iPod, mini, shuffle, nano or the recently announced iPod video, Kensington has the accessories to let users simply plug and play," said Sena.
All of the Kensington iPod accessories will be on site at the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from January 5-8, 2006. The Kensington booth is located in the South Hall #36835.
In September Kensington also announced the following iPod accessories that will become broadly available in the Winter of 2005.
Accessories from Kensington that Enhance the iPod Experience
- Entertainment Dock 500: The Entertainment Dock 500 isn't just for music anymore. Using the video out ports (RCA or S-video) you can also share videos and photos from your iPod through your TV. With a touch of the wireless RF remote you can listen to music through your stereo or play a soundtrack while you view your favorite photos. Simultaneously charges iPod in the cradle. Estimated street price $99.99.
- Accessory Adapter for iPod shuffle: Get more out of your iPod® shuffle! The Accessory Adapter for iPod shuffle plugs into the USB connector on the iPod Shuffle and lets users play music or charge the iPod through many iPod-compatible accessories. From docking stations and chargers to FM devices and speaker systems, the Accessory Adapter for iPod shuffle lets you get maximum entertainment from the iPod shuffle. Estimated street price $19.99. SKU 33360
- SX 2000 Speakers for iPod: The SX 2000 Speakers for iPod combines best-in-class speaker technology from NXT with a stunning industrial design that complements the iPod and the new iPod nano. At home or in the office, the Kensington SX 2000 Speakers for iPod do something that other speakers in its class can't. Thanks to breakthrough flat-panel SurfaceSound® speaker technology from NXT, the speakers deliver superior bass, more balanced sound, and a wider "sweet spot" versus traditional cone speakers. And unlike traditional speakers, the SX 2000 Speakers for iPod truly fills the room with sound from both the front and rear of the speaker - and at higher volume levels. In addition, auxiliary inputs allow using these speakers with the iPod shuffle and virtually any other MP3 player. Includes iPod Universal Dock. Compatible with any iPod with dock connector - old and new. Estimated street price: $159.99. SKU 33165
- Digital FM Radio and FM Transmitter for iPod: This unique 2-in-1 FM transmitter and radio lets you listen to your favorite FM radio station with your iPod or transmit iPod tunes through your home or car stereo. The FM Transmitter will also seek out the clearest radio station in your area with the simple press of a button. The backlit digital display is simple to read and tune to any station, and you can lock in your favorites with four pre-sets. Patented Aerielle® technology delivers cleaner, higher quality audio when compared to other FM transmitters on the market. Bottom mount functionality provides universal compatibility with any iPod with dock connector - old and new. Estimated street price $79.99. SKU 33169
- Travel Plug Adapter with USB Charger: A complete travel plug adapter in a convenient size. The plug adapter allows you to plug into outlets in up to 150 different countries. And two modules allow you to either charge your iPod or other USB powered devices, or plug in any consumer-electronic AC powered product. Simply press a button to slide out the appropriate plug. Then plug the electronic device into either the USB charger or AC module. The safety release button and built-in fuse ensure safe operation. Estimated street price $39.99. SKU 33346
- Transporters for iPod shuffle: Two great ways to carry your iPod shuffle. Slide it over your belt or waistband, or snap it onto your briefcase or handbag. Transporters for iPod shuffle come with two attachments for easy carrying. Choose the sleek belt-clip for out-of-the-way convenience, or use the carabineer's handy spring-loaded clip to attach your shuffle to just about anything. The proprietary locking caps protect the USB connector and keep your shuffle safe and secure no matter where you put it. Estimated street price $19.99. SKU 33351
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.