SD3500v Universal USB 3.0 Dual 2K Docking Station - HDMI/DVI-I/VGA - Windows
Make a Windows Laptop or Convertible Ultra-Productive
About This Product
Ultra-thin laptops and 2-in-1 convertibles like the Microsoft Surface Pro offer great mobile productivity and sleek good looks. But that also means they usually come up short on connectivity ports. As a result, you’re constantly plugging and unplugging peripherals. That’s where the SD3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station comes in. It turns one USB port into six so you have access to all your peripherals, including keyboard, mouse, printer and external hard drive. And with dual HD video output, you can add two external monitors to boost productivity. The dock’s two USB 3.0 ports support super-speed data transfer of up to 5 Gbps.
- Best for: USB 3.0 Laptops, Ultrabooks & Windows Tablets and Monitors that support up to 2K
- Connection technology: USB 3.0 (DisplayLink)
- Compatibility: Windows 7 or above
- No of monitors supported: 2
- Video ports: 1 x HDMI v1.2 and 1 x DVI-I (DVI-to-VGA and DVI-to-HDMI supported with included adapters)
- Resolution: Single Monitor: 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz and Dual Monitors: 2048 x 1152 @ 60Hz
- DisplayLink driver installation required Download software from Kensington.com or via Windows update.
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Built-in Kensington Security Slot
- Corporate Install feature allows administrators to install the graphics driver over a Microsoft® server
- Best For: USB-C or USB 3.0 Laptops & Ultrabooks and Monitors that support up to 2K
- Colour: Black
- Connections: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) Female
- USB 2.0 Ports: 4 x USB 2.0 Ports (back) up to 480Mbps
- USB 3.0 Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 Ports (front) supporting 5V/0.9A (does not support fast-charging)
- Audio: 1 x 3.5mm microphone port (front), 1 x 3.5mm headphone port (front)
- Connection Technology: USB 3.0 (DisplayLink)
- Custom / Stock: Stock
- Data Transfer Speeds: Supports up to 480Mbps on USB 2.0, and up to 5Gbps on USB 3.0
- Durable / Consumable: Durable
- Innovative Product: N/A
- Maximum Resolution Supported: Single Monitor: 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz, Dual Monitors: 2048 x 1152 @ 60Hz
- Number of Screen Outputs: 2
- Package Type: Commercial/Retail
- Period of Warranty: Unknown
- Plug & Play: DisplayLink driver installation required. Download software from kensington.com or via Windows updat
- Primary Supported Device: Mobile Computer
- Private Label: NO
- Security Slot Compatibility: Kensington Security Slot
- Shippable Pack: N/A
- Video Output: 1 x DVI-I (DVI-to-VGA and DVI-to-HDMI supported with included adapters), 1 x HDMI v1.2
- Powered by DisplayLink’s highly integrated DL-3900 IC (SD3500)
- Hot pluggable video and audio – automatically detects and routes sound and graphics to the peripherals as they are connected to the dock
- Host Interface: USB 3.0 Connector
- Video output: HDMI® 30pin Female Connector & DVI HDDE 30pin Female Connector
- Host upstream link: USB B Type Female Connector
- HUB downstream link: USB A Type Female Connector
- Audio Port: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack 2.0ch
- Ethernet Port
- RJ45 Connector
- Power: DC power jack
- Video resolution: 2048x1152
- DVI: 2048x1152
- Supported colors: 16 Bits and 32 Bits
- Audio: 2.0Ch (5.1 over HDMI)
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000
- Power Adapter: Input: AC 100-240V
- Output: DC 5V/4A
- Power Consumption:
- Operating Power: 14.43W
- Suspend Mode Power: 1.95W
- Physical Properties:
- ABS (Plastic)
- 365g approx.
- Dimension: 70 x 127 x 195mm (W x D x H)
- Working Environment:
- Operation Temperature
- 0 ~ 40 degree
- Storage Temperature
- -10 ~ 80 degree
- CE, FCC, IC, C-Tick, GOST
Weights and Dimensions
- Height: 194mm / 7.6"
- Width: 69mm / 2.7"
- Depth: 125mm / 4.9"
2 YearsYou can get further information on warranties by viewing our FAQs & Warranty page.
- DisplayLink (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10)
- Kensington sd3000v/sd3500v/sd4000 USB 3.0 docking stations (K33970/K33971/K33972/K33973/K33983) and K33928/K33974/K33988/K33989 USB Multi-Display Adapter Software Driver Version 7.7.61427.0 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 , Mac OS X 10.8 Mounta, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow L)
- Kensington sd300v/sd420v/sd3000v/sd3500v USB Docking Stations (K33930/K33926/K33951/K33954/K33970/K33971/K33972/K33973) and Multi-Display Adapters (K33928/K33974) for Mac® OS X Version 2.1 (MacOS)
- DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 7.1 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Corporate Install Video Software Driver for Kensington Docking Stations and Universal Video Adapters (K33926,K33928,K33930,K33951,K33955,K33970,K33971,K33972) (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8)
Connect two additional screens with 1 DVI Out & 1 HDMI Out
Expand your workspace by adding additional monitors. Connect your DVI monitor to the DVI port or use the included DVI>VGA adapter to connect your VGA monitor. If you've got an HDMI monitor, you can connect directly into the HDMI out port. You can also connect a second HDMI monitor to the DVI port using the included DVI>HDMI adapter. You can run both the DVI and HDMI ports simultaneously.
Extend your workspace by making it bigger. Extend mode allows you to share your whole desktop across multiple screens. Ideal for improved productivity by working with, and viewing, multiple applications at the same time.
Allows you to replicate the same content on your second display as you do on your master display.
2 Front USB 3.0 Ports
Two fast and powerful USB 3.0 ports are positioned on the front of the dock for when you want to charge a phone or tablet, or transfer data from another device. Headphone and microphone input ports are also conveniently within reach when they’re needed.
4 Rear USB 2.0 Ports
Connect all your peripherals with 4 USB ports. These ports are strategically located on the back of the docking station to help keep your printer, keyboard and mice cables or wireless dongles hidden from view.
Display Settings Software
Our intuitive display management console sits on your applications bar and allows you to easily switch between display modes, change the master monitor or adjust alignment and position of your screens. Our corporate install support provides for mass installation via the Microsoft® server.
Add more screens
You can hook up even more monitors using a multi-display adapter, which is available separately. These connect into one of the six USB ports and can be used with DVI or VGA monitors.