SD4000 Universal USB 3.0 4K Docking Station
Get 4K Your Way for Better Productivity
About This Product
From the leader in desktop productivity solutions, Kensington’s SD4000 Universal Docking Station enables 4K Ultra HD, even when your laptop doesn’t have a 4K graphics card. As well as serving as a central hub and charger for all your peripherals, the dock provides Ultra HD (3840x2160) to a single 4K monitor or TV via an HDMI or DisplayPort connection. When using two additional monitors instead of one, the dock provides 2K resolution to each screen (2048x1152). There are three available USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, including one that provides 2.1 AMP fast charging for a tablet or smartphone. There’s also a gigabit Ethernet port so you have a reliable, wired network connection.
- 4K Ultra HD resolution (3840x2160) to one monitor via an HDMI cable or DisplayPort connection
- Enables 4K UHD even if laptop does not have 4K graphics card
- 2K resolution (1920x1200/2048x1152) for two-monitor setup via DisplayPort or HDMI/DVI
- 3 universal USB 3.0 ports for seamless productivity with your accessories
- 2.1A fast charging port to power up a tablet or smartphone
- Gigabit Ethernet port for wired connectivity to the Internet
- Includes speaker port, microphone jack, Kensington Security Slot
- Compatible with Windows 8.1/8/7
- Connections: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) Female
- Number of Screen Outputs: 2
- Security Slot Compatibility: Kensington Security Slot
- Dimensions: 7.71” x 3.34” x 1.08” (19.5 cm x 85 cm x 2.75 cm)
Weights and Dimensions
- Height: 95mm / 3.8"
- Width: 159mm / 6.2"
- Depth: 32mm / 1.2"
4K Ultra HD for One Monitor
Give your computer the screen space, power and clarity of Ultra HD, with 3840x2160 resolution via USB 3.0, increasing the content available on your monitor for improved productivity.
No Need for 4K Graphics Card
The SD4000 takes care of all the work for you so you don’t have to upgrade or modify your laptop to enable the higher resolution on the screen
HDMI or DisplayPort Options for 4K
Both connections are available on the back of the dock and can be accessed through a sliding panel that covers the connection port you’re not using to protect the electronics
2K for Dual Monitors
Ideal for users not ready to make the transition to 4K, this option can support the typical two-monitor setup with 1920x1200/2048x1152 resolution for each screen
USB 3.0 Ports/2.1A Charging Port
Expand your device’s productivity capabilities by plugging your peripheral accessories into any of three USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. One port allows you to fast charge a tablet or smartphone.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Provides a reliable wired connection to a network or the Internet