SD4500 Universal USB-C™ Docking Station
Taking the Lead on USB-C Performance
About This Product
Let the leader in professional desktop performance make your transition to USB-C connectivity as smooth as possible with the SD4500 USB-C Universal Dock that works with Windows®, Mac OS® and Chrome OS® devices. A single cable lets you quickly plug in your laptop and have instant access to all your peripheral desktop accessories, including 4K video and data transfer. Zero Footprint mounting is ideal for workstations with limited space (mount sold separately) and it’s Thunderbolt™ 3 compatible.
- USB-C™ connectivity that provides 4K video and data in a single cable
- Plug & Play installation without need for drivers or downloads (Mac OS requires one-time Ethernet driver download)
- Zero Footprint mounting allows the dock to be placed on the back of a VESA-compatible monitor (Dock Mount K33959WW sold separately)
- 4K Ultra HD resolution (4096x2160) to single monitor at 60Hz via HDMI or DisplayPort, or dual monitors at 30Hz
- Three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and one USB-C port to connect up to 4 accessories
- One of front USB 3.1 ports can also be used as a 2.1A fast charge port to power up a tablet or smartphone
- Gigabit Ethernet port for wired network connectivity
- Kensington Security Slot™ offers convenient way to attach a cable lock from the industry leader in physical security
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone jacks
- Thunderbolt™ 3 compatible
- Compatible with Windows® 10, 8.1; Mac OS® X 10.10 or later; Chrome OS®
- Mac and Chrome OS devices only support single display
- Chrome OS 44 and above
- macOS X 10.10
- macOS X 10.11
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Charges Smartphones (1 AMP): 1
- Charges Tablets (2.1 AMP): 1
- Compatibility: Chrome OS 44 and above, macOS X 10.10, macOS X 10.11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- Connections: Gigabit, USB-C
- Features: Kensington Security Slot
Weights and Dimensions
- Height: 95mm / 3.7"
- Width: 217mm / 8.5"
- Depth: 26mm / 1"
A single cable allows you to plug in your Windows®, Mac OS® or Chrome OS® laptop and have access to your entire desktop setup, including 4K video and USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed data transfer
Plug & Play Installation
Simply plug in the dock and it will run automatically without the need for drivers or downloads (Mac OS requires one-time Ethernet driver download)
4K for Dual Monitors
Display content up to the clarity of Ultra HD with 4096x2160 resolution via DisplayPort and HDMI ports for improved productivity
Zero Footprint Mounting
By purchasing the Kensington Dock Mount (K33959WW), you can quickly and easily mount the SD4500 to the back of a 75mm or 100mm VESA-compatible monitor, ideal for desktops that are too cluttered or have limited space
Kensington Security Slot™
Allows you to easily attach a cable lock from the #1 brand in physical device security and prevent theft from your desktop
USB Accessory Expansion
Three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and one USB-C port allow you to connect a variety of peripherals like a mouse, keyboard or flash drive. One of the USB 3.1 ports on the front of the dock can be used as a 2.1A fast charging port for tablets and smartphones.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Provides a reliable wired connection to a network or the Internet
Kensington is the brand professionals choose when they need the most innovative and reliable accessories to be at their productive best. With more than 30 years of trusted expertise, business professionals and home office users can be assured that every Kensington product you purchase will deliver on our "smart. safe. simple" brand promise.