Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in computing accessories, today announced four new products that will take advantage of its patent pending SmartFit™ adjustment system. Users of the SmartFit system can now experience a custom-tailored workstation* in a matter of minutes.
Break through ease of use using US Military data**:
Correlations derived from military studies, suggest a strong relationship between hand size and body proportions. Kensington leveraged this data to help make it easier for consumers to adjust their Kensington workstation accessories to match their comfort needs.
Individuals begin by simply referring to a SmartFit™ system chart, which assigns a color (red, blue, green, and yellow) best encapsulating their proportions, based on their hand size. Users then select the matching color on their Kensington product, and adjust it accordingly to suit their specifications.
"When we began development on the SmartFit system, we took into account that ergonomic fitting principles are not only complicated but subjective," said Global Product Manager, Tom Pscheidt. "We designed SmartFit products to provide the best fit, for the greatest number of people, in a package that is simple to understand and easy to use."
The SmartFit™ system is available on Kensington's newest laptop stands, keyboard drawers and arms, monitor arms and stands.
Kensington Products that Incorporate the SmartFit™ System:
- Fully Adjustable Keyboard Platform with SmartFit™ System Arm (Suggested street price $99.99) -- The Fully Adjustable Keyboard Platform sets the keyboard position to match your Smartfit system personal comfort color. Keyboard and mouse platforms feature independent height and tilt adjustments and under-desk storage. (SKU 60700)
- 4-Position Monitor Arm with SmartFit™ System (Suggested street price $98.99) -- The Kensington 4-Position Monitor Arm with SmartFit™ system features independent height and tilt adjustments, and lets you position the monitor to match your personal comfort color. Swivels away when not in use. (SKU 60091)
- Keyboard Drawer/Monitor Stand with SmartFit™ System (Suggested street price $59.99) -- This unique Keyboard Drawer/Monitor Stand adjusts both keyboard and monitor height to match your SmartFit system personal comfort color. Universal design works over or under desk to fit any workspace and individual body size. (SKU 60701)
- Monitor Stand and Monitor Stand Plus with SmartFit™ System (Suggested street prices $29.99 and $39.99) -- Kensington Monitor Stands with the SmartFit system adjusts monitor height to your optimal viewing angle to help increase eye and neck comfort. Expands usable desk space by allowing storage underneath platform. The standard stand fits smaller monitors up to 40 lbs and the plus stand fits larger monitors up to 60 lbs. (SKU 60087 and 60089)
Key Benefits of the SmartFit™ System:
- Three-step process enables users to accurately identify their comfort needs
- Simple system allows for customized desktop setup in minutes
- System available on new Kensington workstation solutions
"Now people don't have to start from scratch when determining the most comfortable position for their workstation devices," said Pscheidt. "In a few quick steps, they can achieve an optimal solution or can make adjustments according to their preferences."
*Not intended as ergonomic or medical advice. Individual user needs may vary. Please consult your doctor, or a qualified ergonomics professional, for comprehensive advice on workstation set-up and ergonomics. **The U.S. Military has not endorsed or underwritten the SmartFit system or products.
Notes to editors
Kensington, a leader in smart. safe. simple.™ computing accessories, is the recognized industry standard trusted by enterprises around the world. Kensington's mobile security product offerings include laptop and mobile security locks providing a new generation of front-line protection for mobile devices. In addition, Kensington offers accessories including power adapters, chargers, mice, keyboards, trackballs, universal docking stations, desktop accessories, carrying cases and iPad/iPhone/iPod accessories. Kensington Computer Products Group, headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ABD), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.kensington.com or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.