Kensington, the computer accessories company, has announced six additions to its range of products aimed at the mobile worker.
The mice and desktop set are part of the company’s new ‘Ci Lifestyle Collection’, the first line of computer accessories designed to fit consumers’ lifestyles and the environments in which they use their device.
The Kensington Ci Lifestyle Collection features thin design, back-up power – to ensure reliability – and sleep state, to conserve power.
“Our aim was to develop products that fit with users’ lives and the changing requirements of mobile workers,” said Cedric Villerio, European product marketing manager at Kensington. “The new Kensington Ci Lifestyle Collection is one of the best representations to date of Kensington’s design ethos, ‘Smart Made Simple’, with accessories that are intuitive and easy-to-use while still meeting specific needs.”
In a recent study commissioned by Kensington, quality and function were listed as the most important factors when making a notebook accessory purchasing decision. Style, however, is also becoming increasingly important to consumers - 26 per cent of the respondents cited ‘lifestyle fit’ as a primary purchase driver, with only 22 per cent mentioning price.
Consumers made it clear that they want less clutter and complexity and more style in their computer peripherals.
The Ci Lifestyle Collection from Kensington includes:
- Kensington Ci70 Wireless Desktop Set (£49.99): Designed to fit customers’ home workspace, it has a low-profile design and a footprint 40 per cent smaller than standard multimedia keyboards. The mouse docks into the keyboard when not in use, saving both space and battery power. The keyboard folds back, revealing a photo frame. This eliminates clutter while providing an opportunity to blend personal space with work space.
- Kensington Ci70 Wireless Mouse (£24.99): Up to 35 per cent thinner than a standard mouse, the Ci70 Wireless helps to optimise desk space and reduce bulk when travelling. An added benefit is the automatic sleep state, which conserves battery power when the device is not in use.
- Kensington Ci70LE Wireless Mouse (£29.99): This red-coloured mouse has a sleek design that is up to 35 per cent thinner than that of a standard mouse, facilitating travel and optimising desk space.
- Kensington Ci75m Wireless Notebook Mouse (£24.99): Offered in two stylish colours, the mouse is thin in profile and big on features. The back-up power feature offers a wired option for use in aeroplanes and other wireless-restricted environments or when batteries are running low. Another key benefit is that the cord stows inside the mouse for easy travel.
- Kensington Ci85m QuickStart Wireless Notebook Mouse (£24.99): With instant set-up and thin profile, this mouse is the ideal travel companion. The Ci85m instantly and wirelessly connects through its ExpressCard® receiver when a laptop is switched on. The Ci85m also features back-up power, providing an alternative to batteries, and for those environments which prohibit wireless use.
The products will be available from xxx.
For additional information on the new and existing line of Kensington Control it products, please visit kensington.com.