Kensington, the computer accessories company, is launching a microsite to find Europe’s top ten tunes for Summer (www.playithearitloveit.com).
The ‘Summer Essentials’ search, which starts on June 1, will invite visitors to vote for their favourite Summer songs. The results of the search will then be compiled – both for Europe and for the individual participating countries (UK & Ireland, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and the Nordics).
The microsite will also feature Kensington’s top ten accessories for Summer music, including FM transmitters for MP3 players and portable speakers for outdoor listening. It is designed to get visitors thinking about their favourite music for Summer and how they will play it, with the aim of supporting Kensington’s resellers’ marketing efforts.
“On the beach, in the garden, at the pool…Now that Summer is on its way, people want to listen to music wherever they are,” explained Karen Hicks, European product manager for Kensington’s Play It range.
She added: “Whatever your taste in summer tunes, digital music has become an inextricable part of the Summer holiday experience. Our products often become Summer essentials themselves.”
Kensington’s Play It range includes:
- Pico FM Transmitter: a tiny portable transmitter that enables the user to share their iPod tunes with friends by playing them via any FM stereo. It sits sleekly with an iPod nano, and works with any iPod
- QuickSeek FM Transmitter: an FM transmitter for use in the car or home that finds the best station to transmit to in less than six seconds
- Auto Kit: everything you need to charge your iPod in the car, hold it safely and transmit the music to your car stereo
- Universal Travel Plug Adapter: adapts plugs from any country to work with sockets in any country
- FX300 Speaker to Go: lightweight portable speaker for iPods and other MP3 players, in a durable case to keep the music player protected.
For more information about the products, please visit http://uk.kensington.com/html/6831.html or the Summer Essentials microsite (www.playithearitloveit.com).