Kensington, the mobile computing accessories company, is launching a new range of car audio kits that deliver pure sound from an iPod, iPhone or music phone through the car stereo. Called LiquidAUX, the range is the first to use the AUX (auxiliary) port now found as standard in most new cars.
The LiquidAUX range enables drivers of new cars equipped with AUX ports to play digital music files through their car speakers with no loss of quality, while charging their devices. The kit includes a remote control that attaches to the car’s steering wheel to let drivers keep their eyes on the road, while still maintaining control over their music.
“Auxiliary ports are growing in popularity, and are already available in over 70 models of car in Europe,” said Karen Hicks, product manager for Play It at Kensington Europe. “The technology gives drivers the opportunity to play music from digital devices through the car stereo for static free, high fidelity sound, with the added safety of a remote for playback controls on their iPod iPhone or music phone.”
Kensington is also launching a Bluetooth solution for managing in-car entertainment. It links your MP3 phone with a Bluetooth adapter, plugged into the 12v ‘cigarette lighter’ socket, and connects it to your car stereo’s AUX port. It enables users to enjoy their music and answer calls without additional cables. Hicks commented: “With Bluetooth wireless connectivity and the added bonus of a steering wheel remote control, the LiquidAUX Bluetooth kit successfully combines style and safety. Drivers can use it to take calls without taking their hands off the steering wheel, pausing their music without needing to touch a button. The remote can also be given to passengers, so if you trust your children to choose the soundtrack to your journey this device might make long car trips more enjoyable for them, too.”
The range includes:
LiquidAUX for iPhone and iPod (33429EU):
- Designed for use when the AUX port is in the centre console
- 2.4GHz wireless remote control lets the user play, pause and skip tracks from the steering wheel. Its high quality Velcro attachment won’t wear out, and the control can be popped out of its holder and turned around for left or right handed users
LiquidAUX Deluxe for iPod and iPhone (33430EU):
- Designed for use when the AUX port is in the dashboard, and holds the iPod or iPhone in view for ease-of-use
- Flexible gooseneck adjusts to fit most iPhone and iPod models, even in a case, keeping them safe and switching between landscape and portrait views as required
- The wireless remote includes a playback function for added convenience
LiquidAUX Bluetooth for MP3 Phones (33428EU):
- Enables hands-free calling and crystal-clear music from a music (MP3) phone, through the car’s stereo
- Bluetooth 2.0 technology with enhanced data rate, a built-in microphone with noise and echo-canceling technology makes for clear conversations on the road. Users just press the phone icon on the remote to automatically mute their music and take a call over the car’s stereo. It also works with the phone’s voice activation technology to make calls without having to touch it. A USB charging port ensures that the phone stays charged
- This is the ideal alternative to installing Bluetooth in the car
All three devices come with a 1.2m extension cable, in case the auxiliary port is in the glove box or in a different place in future cars.
“As with all our products, the LiquidAUX range is designed to be ‘smart made simple’, with features that make them easy and appealing to use, like the smart audio sensor that automatically powers off when the dock isn’t in use,” said Hicks. “They are also as future-proof as possible, designed to work with new models of car and iPod.”
The LiquidAux range is ‘made for iPod’ and comes with a two-year warranty. They are available from xx, with prices starting at £xx. Further products will be added to the range later in the year.
For further details, please visit www.kensington.com